free hit
counters
At last shes stripped - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
frix

At last shes stripped

lotus020.jpglotus021.jpglotus018.jpglotus043.jpgom/albums/xx143/frix2/lotus035.jpglotus053.jpglotus055.jpglotus057.jpglotus060.jpglotus066.jpglotus067.jpglotus090.jpg3/frix2/lotus088.jpglotus115.jpglotus121.jpgs/xx143/frix2/lotus114.jpglotus122.jpglotus075.jpglotus103.jpglotus132.jpgobucket.com/albums/xx143/frix2/lotus106.jpglotus133.jpglotus134.jpglotus156.jpgcom/albums/xx143/frix2/lotus135.jpglotus161.jpg/IMG]lotus230.jpg2/lotus168.jpg[/ilotus235.jpgMG]lotus237.jpglotus236.jpglotus239.jpglotus246.jpglotus247.jpglotus244.jpglotus251.jpglotus252.jpglotus264.jpglotus283.jpglotus286.jpglotus290.jpglotus300.jpglotus303.jpglotus304.jpglotus310.jpglotus312.jpglotus323.jpglotus326.jpglotus328.jpglotus330.jpglotus332.jpglotus333.jpglotus362.jpglotus364.jpglotus367.jpglotus368.jpglotus371.jpg

hi everyone, a little bit of background info for ya. I bought the car about 2 years ago from a friend of my sisters, he wanted 3 grand for it but said he needed to sell it as quick as possible, 1200 quid later i owned a 1980 S2.2, i know how to barter. After an eventful trip home (engine bolt fell out of my landrover) i stored it away until last year when i decided to get to work on her. As you can see from the pics she hasnt been very well looked after, taking it apart was a lot easier than i thought it was going to be, the only real pain was the front springs, trying to get spring compressers in and compress the spring small enought was a nightmare. Ive just finished painting the chassis and will post some pics soon. The only thing im going to change on the rebuild is the interior, im going to have full leather which i think will be an improvement on the old. The time im givin myself is 2 years to finish it but im sure that could change?! More pics coming soon. Cheers Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good job Paul . That frame looks in great condition. Please keep the photos coming, I'll be watching with interest.

Cheers, Gavin

So ermm, your neighbours probably don't complain too much about the noise then? :hrhr:

Good luck with the project.

You've had a busy weekend then! Good luck, keep us informed of progress :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Great documentation there Paul!

You are at the stage I was at a year ago with my S3 but I also had a body repair to get done which put me back about 6 months I'd guess.

Looking forward to more progress pics. The rebuild stage will be fun!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Paul,

Nice work there...will be interesting to watch. I enjoyed see some engineering ingenuity in the background as well as the foreground. Keep up the good work and look towards the thread.

It always amazes me the amount of corrosion I see on the UK cars. Even the S4's I have noticed quite a bit of corrosion. I run my Esprit through the rain and such and mine looks nowhere like what I see even after 80K miles.

Be interesting to see how all turns out when you work on the suspension. Frame looks great.

p.s. almost afraid to ask if you had used the terra mite ( the small backhoe tractor ) for part of the disassembly...

• Like 1

lotus378.jpglotus379.jpg Hi guys, a little more progress, i think ive spent about 30 hard hours on the chassis and friends have been asking me non stop why ive spent so much time on doing something thats not going to be seen? i think everyone on the forum knows why!

Have a pretty original S2.2, give me a shout if you want pictures of anything as you go along

Not a bad afternoon's work!!

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Looking good Paul. Keep us posted!!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Looking good :) Keep the updates coming Paul.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Once you have finished the car , you will have a full resto of the garden and the garden furniture waiting for you !

by the way ,did you use the waterbased paint stripper ?

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !