free hit
counters
Evora TV Ad - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora TV Ad

Bibs

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only seen this promo on the Lotus web site, has anybody actually seen it on tv?

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Not in USA either as it's a RHD car in the ad. I wonder where?

Is this because of some regulation that restricts advertising of RHD cars in a LHD country... which could of course be sorted out by the clever boffins in the digital imaging studios using image reversal techniques... or is it a cultural thing with the American public believing that the product may, in some way, be 'too foreign'?

On that note, I'm actually sick to death of seeing the industry using LHD cars in UK transmitted advertising when they are obviously too mean to use readily available image reversal techniquies to put things 'right' but it rarely spoils my enjoyment of the adverts if they are witty, have great production values, are technically adept or exhibit a degree of originality. After all, most advertising relies on elements of 'smoke and mirrors' to get their point across so manipulating the images is not unknown in car advertising.

Good advert, works on all sort of levels. It's a shame that the PC brigade might find it objectionable.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Is this because of some regulation that restricts advertising of RHD cars in a LHD country... which could of course be sorted out by the clever boffins in the digital imaging studios using image reversal techniques... or is it a cultural thing with the American public believing that the product may, in some way, be 'too foreign'?

There is no regulation of which I'm aware that would prohibit a RHD car from being used in a US advert, but the RHD would turn off most US viewers, who are probably too dumb to figure out that there is a LHD version sold here. Same with the non-US number plates.

The safety concerns are no big deal at all in USa- just put some small print across the bottom of the screen saying "Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt" and your ass is legally covered.

Of course the biggest issue is that given how few Evoras are sold here and how much they cost, television advertising would be an utter waste of money.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

just tried Shazam, didn't work :lol:

can this really be a car ad? they show the car more than 20% of the time! instead of the likes of people being flung around the room as if on string :unsure:

It certainly is a refreshing ad :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

way too long for a TV ad...

Oh I dunno, back in 1983 Chevrolet were so confident in the all-new 1984 Corvette (which they thought was revolutionary enough to skip the 1983 model-year to develop!) that they ran this 1-1/2 minute epic (same length as the Evora ad) all over US television:

Of course the Evora ad is *MUCH* less cheezy!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Never be allowed on UK TV - too many rules on "cars" and "speed". The last ones I recall are the one with the car being driven mentally on a skyscraper roof and the one where the guy parks the car in a carpark using similar moves (and catches his coat in the door at the end). Both received the wrath of the nimby brigade so unlikely to see anything else like this.

He has a more understanding partner than me, Mine would not be to pleased standing in the rain in her fancy frock!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"