free hit
counters
Future of 2 eleven - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Future of 2 eleven

Can anyone please help me out with a couple of questions, im finally at the point where im buying a 2 eleven and have been told by a dealer that they are to be discontinued

although there is a build slot available for me next year if i choose.

So, are they to replace it with something else and render the 2 eleven (old model) ? I will be buying mine for the long haul with no intension of ever selling it but would be

disappointed if something better was released !!

Also, as im in Ireland (no dealers here) can you recommend a good uk dealer to talk to ?? Can you deal direct with factory ??? Has anyone been offered any discounts or is the price the price ????

Finally, any extras you would stronly recommend ?

Many thanks to all who reply ..

JOR

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/72107-lotus-plans/   Looks like there's a new 400bhp 2Eleven on the way

Graeme at Murray Motors in Edinburgh will be able to answer all your questions I am sure.

Tele 0131 200 8888 email [email protected]

I have dealt with Graeme for a number of years and you will be hard to find a more enthusiastic Lotus man.

Edited by bingoking

211s are being discontinued once the current supply of engines runs out. There was talk of a 311 but I believe that was based on the Evora chassis, but it was all smoke and mirrors and difficult to get anything definite.

Essentially the factory have a few engines left over and once they're gone, that's it. Options wise, depends on your budget really. I would say the supercharged version is a necessity, plus the two way Ohlins. The upgraded brakes imo aren't needed - the car has plenty stopping power, and even Nick Adams who designed the car will tell you upgrading the brakes is overkill. Variable traction control is a nice toy and the car wouldn't sell well without it if you were to move it on. Not sure if it's an option or not. Get the leather seats not the cloth ones as they dry out better when you get wet. Essentially, if you ordered what they called the Launch Edition spec you'd have a car that comes with everything.

Dealers wise - no idea in Ireland, but if you want a UK based Murrays are well thought of as mentioned already, but personally I deal with B&C in Surrey who have sold more 211s than any other UK dealer I believe - ask for Jamie if you call them. They've also exported plenty so will know their way around that side of things.

Depending on how tall you are you might want to also order the higher screen, its only an extra inch or so but makes a bit of difference to buffeting I'm told. You will also need the standard one though as it won't pass the sva or an MOT with the higher one. Make sure you also buy the shower cape for the car, it's an excellent design and has kept mine dry when parked in monsoon like conditions. Get the lightweight five spoke wheels too - much the easiest to keep clean. And if you're a tart (like me) get the calipers painted yellow.

• 4 years later...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/72107-lotus-plans/

Looks like there's a new 400bhp 2Eleven on the way :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/69025-the-jmg-era-at-lotus/#entry557102

Yes please :thumbsup:

Gales also says there has been demand for a successor to the 2-Eleven, and so one is under way for a launch less than two years from now. It has much more power than before and a new design. It will be by far the most expensive Lotus, but, with 400bhp to propel 900kg, "it will be the fastest road car around the Nürburgring," he bravely promises.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Agreed Neal.  

Considering the road legal 2-11 is ~750kg vs the equivalent Exige at ~950kg.

Could the 3-11 have a similar 200kg weight saving and be ~950kg for £65K all in?  That would be fast enough for me.  

I'm sure a 900kg 400bhp car would be truly awesome and a great halo product but not sure I could justify upwards of £85K on my track toy...