free hit
counters
Shaft Circlip - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

OK so i have pulled the bellhousing off the gearbox ,the shaft (herein after known as the "clutch shaft" ) has supposedly got a spring and a circlip.

Now mine has no circlip unless i am not looking correctly .Where would i find the circlip and if it is not there , where should it be ?!

Richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The circlip is a thin wiry thing that retains the input shaft in the primary shaft. There is a groove cut into the inside of the primary shaft where the circlip normally resides. There is a taper in the input shaft from the splines where they insert into the primary shaft. To see and remove the clip, push the input shaft into the gearbox against the spring. The taper will move into the primary shaft and you should be able to see the circlip and grab it with a pair of pliers. If the circlip is not there, you should be able to just pull the input shaft out.

Mike - '83 Esprit Turbo, Turbo St. Tropez,  '87 Esprit Turbo  (FrankEnSPRIT), '05 Elise