Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Larini Exhaust Group Buy - Esprit 4 cylinder - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Larini Exhaust Group Buy - Esprit 4 cylinder

Team Lotus have released Fairuz Fauzy from his contract as test and reserve driver despite him serving only 1 of the contract's 5 years.

Whether this is because they have lost their backing from Malaysia's car maker and former PM and no longer feel the need for a Malaysian driver or whether they have someone better lined up I don't know.

As we know these exhausts went out of production quiet some time ago. I understand a german company who don't send me christmas cards anymore make something very, very similar to the dual exit for a significant uplift on the original price (imagine!) so I've approached Larini and they're willing to re manufacture a batch if we get enough orders.

You'll be buying it through our shop for your peace of mind.

Dual Exit System - £420 + VAT = £493.50 (German price, £730!)

Single Exit System - £350 + VAT = £411.25

Delivery will be about £10 to UK address, please ask for other prices. Single exit is right hand only and these exhausts are as pictured so suitable for cat fitted cars, SE/S4/S4s/GT3.

We need 5 people at least to get them made, I've already got a Larini dual exit on my car so names below please...

post-1-0-57230600-1289929604.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

1: Cliff. for the S4S (I'm assuming its a straight replacement of the currently fitted original exhaust ) Single right hand exit.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Giasou Bibs

Was really really nice to meet you finally. Your nothing like I expected! I hope I'll be able to come over in December.

Anyhow, I am interested in a new exhaust for my GT3 too. It has a bypass pipe, but still has the EBPV ring. Will they be able to do me one too? I need to be able to refit the CAT for the Cyprus MOT though.

I'm a bit confused about the difference between the Larini and the BlueFlame versions. Whats the difference apart from the price. (Or is that confidential?)

Regards

Cos

I'll guess at about £30?

Hi Cos - I'm taller than you expected, right? More 'Brad Pitt' than you thought? :D

The exhausts are made to fit on a standard car so they expect the EBPV to be there, it will fit fine. If you remove the EBPV you can fit a spacer, much lighter and much less likely to jam open too, they're very cheap as it's only a steel ring effectively. The difference in all the exhausts made is really quality and sound. All exhausts at this level will be very well made and will come looking very shiny with neat welding. The sounds will vary, each manufacturer using different grades of steel, different pipe length, different bending etc so they have their own noise to make. Personally, I loved the Quicksilver SuperSport but it's very, very loud and the Larini has often been heralded as the best sounding system. If you come to the Christmas dinner I'll take you out for a spin and you can hear what a decatted Larini car sounds like. If you don't come, you're welcome to pop over anyway, we're in West Malling, 30 mins from Gatwick.

or...

Οι εξατμίσεις γίνονται για να χωρέσει σε ένα τυπικό αυτοκίνητο, έτσι ώστε να αναμένουν ότι η EBPV να είναι εκεί, θα ταιριάξει μια χαρά. Αν αφαιρέσετε το EBPV μπορεί να χωρέσει ένα διαχωριστικό, πολύ ελαφρύτερα και πολύ λιγότερο πιθανό να μαρμελάδα ανοίξει πάρα πολύ, είναι πολύ φθηνή, όπως αυτό είναι μόνο ένα δαχτυλίδι χάλυβα αποτελεσματικά. Η διαφορά σε όλα φτιαγμένα των εξατμίσεων είναι πραγματικά ποιότητα και ήχο. Όλες οι εξατμίσεις σε αυτό το επίπεδο θα είναι πολύ καλά και θα έρθει ψάχνετε πολύ λαμπερός με τακτοποιημένο συγκόλλησης. Οι ήχοι θα ποικίλλουν, κάθε κατασκευαστής με διαφορετικές ποιότητες χάλυβα, διαφορετικά μήκος του σωλήνα, διαφορετικά κλπ κάμψης, έτσι ώστε να έχουν τη δική τους θορύβους να κάνουν.Προσωπικά, μου άρεσε η Quicksilver SuperSport αλλά είναι πολύ, πολύ δυνατά και ο Larini συχνά ανακοινώνεται ως το καλύτερο σύστημα ηχεί. Αν έρθει στο δείπνο των Χριστουγέννων θα σας πάρω έξω για ένα γύρισμα και μπορείτε να ακούσετε τι decatted αυτοκίνητο Larini ακούγεται. Αν δεν έρθει, είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι να σκάσει πάνω ούτως ή άλλως, είμαστε στο West Malling, 30 λεπτά από το Gatwick.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Giasou again Bibs

Umm, no, not quite Brad mate. Just more fun than I would have thought. I will try my best to come over for the xmas party. All depends on my work roster. I have a special concoction for you from Cyprus next time I see you. Its the local spirit. Strong stuff. Gives me the hiccups! If you dont like the flavour, you can always use it to clean the windows or put a bit in the tank of the esprit for some extra vroom!

Anyhow. Back to the exhaust. I am pretty sure I want one. Spoke with Kevin and Chris (GT3s) last week at the Ace cafe. Lovely blokes. Learnt quite a bit about GT3s from them. We had a nice time too. I think they have the blueflame version, which sounds lovely. If the Larini is anything as good, then I will be more than happy.

I saw that Kevins car had his tips end cut off square. I think this looks good for the esprit and more stock. Also, they have rolled tips. Do you think that Larini might offer an option for the tips, or will they come with the type shown in the photo above.

Giasou from Cyprus

Cos

Hi Cos

Was good to meet you and your brother, the 2,2 is lovely :)

Me and Trevor both have Quicksilver exhausts on our GT3's, mine is the sports (with silencer)and Trev's is the super sports(without silencer).

Hope to catch up and the Xmas do

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

1. Cliff

2. Jeremy

3. Rory

Larini sound out of this, yes I want. Right hand exit only. What is shipping to Canada though, £30 works for me ? Do you have to charge VAT when shipping out of country?

Edited by Rorysbrown

Ok, I am going to go for it. Looks pretty much like a fit and forget kind of thing, which is perfect.

1. Cliff

2. Jeremy

3. Rory

4. Cos

Twin tip, for GT3. with the silencer. The slanted tips are fine seeing as it's a larini trademark. Have a cat bypass pipe, but swap back every year for the Mot. Any chance they can make the inlet pipe an inch or so longer to avoid having to use the BPV replacement ring altogether?

Looking forward to fitting it.

Cos

It's no problem if they can't. It's just really fiddly fitting the bolts and the exhaust paste when holding the EBPV in place. You sort of need 3 hands.

I won't be able to do Xmas do! I will be too busy playing Michael Jackson, The experience on my wii. Aoowww!

Might catch up for a beer when I have time off from work though later in the month.

Chat soon

Cos

COME ON GUYS, JUST 1 MORE PERSON WHO NEEDS AN EXHAUST!