Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Larini Exhaust Group Buy - Esprit 4 cylinder - Page 3 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Larini Exhaust Group Buy - Esprit 4 cylinder

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hope it fits ! Mine was a bit of a pain to fit ,brackets didn't line up and for the amount of money it cost i was some what not happy with the overall quality of materials used.

But on the plus side it does sound blooming fantastic !

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Hi Bibs,

Just a quick confirmation email that the system for Francesco arrived today - looks lovely !

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Hi Bibs

Picked up the exhaust on Saturday from the consiege at the hotel. Thank you for packing it well. I took it straight up to my room and put it together on the bed. It looks lovely. It is very well made. The stainless looks to be of really good quality and the welding is much better than i expected. Didnt have any problems getting it onto the palne. Security were more interested in telling me that my ipad is actually a laptop.

Got back home today, and as soon as I had had a couple of hors kip, i went down to the garage and fitted it. Fitting it was a piece of pee. It took about 1 hour. The only adjustment it needed was to the bolts that hold it onto the exhaust mounting rubber. they needed about 1cm lopped off the end.

I made a small video in the garage of a before and after. It is definately louder at idle than my old custom exhaust. Then took it out for a quick 5 minute run. The real difference is when you hit 4500-5000 rpm. The exhaust note changes. It sounds much raspier. At about 8000 rpm, you would think you were listening to an F1 car. I love it! The car seems to rev easier too. I wouldnt be able to say if it has made any change to power yet, but the engine defiantely seems to accelerate quicker.

I would definatley recommend it to anyone who is thinking of upgrading their exhaust. You really cant go wrong.

post-4319-0-36117500-1295886742.jpg

post-4319-0-02153400-1295886756.jpg

post-4319-0-49978300-1295886771.jpg

sweet :D

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a Youtube video of my new Larini Exhaust on my 1993.5 Esprit SE with a high flow cat. My engine has just been renewed and this is the first startup from cold so you can see the cat is working well with water coming out the tail pipe.

And some pictures below

Esprit%20Drive%20Train%20rebuild%20055.JPG

Esprit%20Drive%20Train%20rebuild%20056.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe you will need a new valance. Further you risk getting the car impounded for excess noise, it's way more than 90 DB.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...