free hit
counters
Northern Delights Feb 2011 - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Northern Delights Feb 2011

Hi All,

I cant make the Xmas TLFmeet this year and so in advance of missing you all for a long time I am prepared to organise a meeting up North in NMEG territory. Sunday could be combine with a NMEG meet for those heading back down south through shropshire. Great roads and do lunch at the Lamb, edgerton

Basically I am looking to meet up on a Sat morning, do an activity Sat afternoon, stop in Hotel in Chester of surrounding area and party in the evening.

When, I am thinking of the dates Sat 12th- Sun 13th or Feb 26th-Feb 27th (half term i think in the UK)

Attractions - if bright and sunny there are fabulous driving roads round here.

If people dont want to drive as they have already driven miles.

We have Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks Shopping Village, including cinema and bowling, Chester Zoo, Chester city centre - picturesque , great shopping, roman walls & history

Evening - if we stay in the city there are tons of great pubs (with real ales) and restaurants, if we are in a country hotel then meal and bar for the evening.

Lots of events are held down south and in south wales so for a change to kcik the 2011 year off please come oooop north and enjoy what delights we have to offer. Can I start getting some ideas if anyone wants to shake off the winter blues with a North meet?

As an alternative then a curry and pub crawl is on offer in my local town, back to my place for beer, PS3 and mucho laughs (but this is a bit more limited in numbers, poeple will be kipping on floors or the local pub/hotel (20 min walk from my house)

So who is interested, I am doing the organising, all you need to do is have time, car, petrol, and booze money or any other means to get to local airport for a pickup. (I can drive to kent in 3 and half hours from here so its not a million miles away)

1. Alex (organising)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'll never get the buggers past Watford :D

I'm in if it's Feb 12/13. I'm sure we can organise an NMEG around this :cheers:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

As per our chat last night mate, Sarah and I are a provisional yes, I just need to check my work commitments and then we should be all go :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Stick me down for this one, hopefully winter may have finished early as it's started early this year.

And hopefully I may have a passenger with me too by then :hope:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

oooooowwww .............. has she followed you from Canada or is she a local lass :whistle:

:offtopic:

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• 1 month later...

OK, I cant do the weekend of the 27th Feb due to rearranging when i have my two kids, so is anyone up for the 12th/13th or should i move to later in summer???

feb 12th might be a tad soon after xmas break.

Alex

See my post above.

It's in the NMEG calendar for the 12/13th so hope that's still a date :thumbsup:

Far too long :gathering:

We are thinking it all went pear shaped when you took the wing off :whistle:

Stick it back on and come and play :D

See you soon

• 2 weeks later...

Any further plans/developments matey? :welcome:

OK, i need to know if people want to do this on a Saturday - if we do then a curry night can be had with stop over at mine .

Also if people want to travel up sat and stop over at mine, followed by day out at Chester on Sunday that can be arranged.

The NMEGers historically run out on a sunday.

Saturday is the 12th, SUnday is the 13th so please state preference.

Meet at the Gingerbread Man, Market Drayton 9.00 am Depart 9.20 for nice drive to Chester. I will PM the detailed route to people, but essentially we will take in

Audlem, to Whitchurch to Farnden/Holt to Rossett. Go through Pulford and carry on until into Chester by the race course.

Once we arrive at the Crown court and Military Museum we park up and start the activities

10.15ish Military Museum £3 entry

11.00 ish to 12.15ish (or longer) Grovesnor Museum Free Entry

Lunch in a pub in the city

13.30 Headover to the Roman Amphitheatre (or cathedral) (Free Entry)

Depart about 2.00 ish.

Return will be a different route to Audlem.

Last stop at Audlem for Pub/Loo/Church and bon voyage.

Names:

1) Alex (sat preferred but can do either day)

Edited by Alex --GT3--

2) Officer Dibble ( Sunday only )

2) Officer Dibble ( Sunday only )

3)Dodgy (sunday prefered)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so we have:

1) Alex

2) Officer Dibble

3) Dodgy

Weather is looking like Gales and a deludge for sunday AM so pack yer life raft. Saturday is a fine day so that will be used for car cleaning, sunday is the trip out.

Thanks for organising todays run Alex.

The weather certainly conspired against us but at least it made us spend time indoors i.e. two good museums.

Dodgy threw the towel in at Nantwich and went straight for the M6. I decided to stick with the A51 although the standing water made me reach for the submarine button a number of times :censored:

Hopefully next months sortie will be a dry one and more members of the squadron will take to the skies :thumbsup:

See you soon

Officer Dibble

Yeah was a good run out in the cars, and nice to catch up with Graham and Dodgy.

The esprits were charged with and found guilty of looking good at the crown court in chester ( the piccie isnt good quality as its from my phone)

post-2255-0-55623100-1297633576_thumb.jp

Edited by Alex --GT3--

So that's where I was! I saw the sign for the M6 and said "sod it, too slower traffic to get the rainx to work " :)

yep, thanks for organising that Alex, The museum's were pretty dam good :) And thanks for the lunch too :)

why oh why does everyone drive at 55 in the middle lane on the motorway, when the inside is clear?