free hit
counters
car missing and spluttering - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

car missing and spluttering

hello everyone.

well the car drove fine today 2 hrs in the snow but on the way back it was missing and struggling to maintain power, in the last year or so the car has had fuel pump, fuel filter oil filter, coils, plugs o2 sensor, flywheel sensor im wondering if everything getting too damp

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see plug leads on that list?

Could be damp, true. Have you checked all connections? Leads and also at the coil. If you have leccy contact cleaner wash out the plugs (the three at the coils) and see if that helps. 

When you fitted the coild did you clean off the earth plate behind?

Edited by fesuvious

An unfortunate fascination with Lotus, and proper drivers cars.

All caused by S75 LCF back in 2002, a mustard yellow GT3, and someone on here's got her.....

yes im thinking moisture related, i will clean the plugs and contacts, the o2 sensor was a genuine part, the car would have been in the garage but some bastard upped the rent by 1000% so the car now has a cover on it and sits outside until i find another place for it . it seemed to struggle getting boost, but cant see any splits in the pipe

as others have said its sounds like moisture, either in the spark plug wells or maybe a split in the silicon on the Ht leads

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 2 weeks later...

heloderek, i pulledthe leads off the plugs and sprayed them, when i wen to pull the leaqds off the coils two had come off? so cleaned and sprayed and now fine, just been busy with famil and dr stuff at the moment, oh and work

Split leads then? Haven't you recently replaced them?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.