free hit
counters
Installation of Panasonic roof stereo - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Installation of Panasonic roof stereo

• Gold FFM

Hi all,

My panasonic RM610 Cockpit roof stereo has been re-wired to have an ipod jack and is now working.

I am planning the installation and have a few (probably fairly stupid) questions for anyone who knows about installing a stereo.

The panasonic will run through a four channel amp - I will run cables from the battery in the boot (via fuse and capacitor) to the amp (which will be mounted behind the passenger seat as per Essex install.

Cables will run from the roof stereo down the a pillars and then back - aerial on one side (drivers side) and others on the passenger to avoid interference.

What I mainly need to know is:

1 - does the head unit need to be wired up in the same way as the original head unit or does everything come via the amp?

2 - how do the wires come through the firewall?

Finally does anyone know how the roof stereo was actually attached to the roof? - there is a bracket on the front of the cassette part which I intend to attach to the front rail which the sun visors hang off - but not sure about the rear - any tips on this would be amazing.

Thanks, Henry

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, My panasonic RM610 Cockpit roof stereo has been re-wired to have an ipod jack and is now working. I am planning the installation and have a few (probably fairly stupid) questions for an

hi henry!

newbie here and dont know if its right to post in this way..

i am from the Philippines, i just have a few questions for the RM-610.

my car is a 1980 RT132 Toyota Corona Hardtop,

IMG_1700.jpg

and it has this Panasonic Cockpit RM610.. (dont know if same as yours)

IMG_1134.jpg

i remove it from the car, and want to check the wirings..

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

my problems are i dont have the stock amplifier and the RM610 does not have any wiring diagram on it..

i dont even know if its working..

can i hook it up with any amplifier..? do you have an installation manual for this..?

highly appreciated.

thanks.

• Gold FFM

Hi Mat,

That will be very useful! - mine has now been fixed (and it is the one in the photo) - mine has been re-wired so it will be fitted to a standard amplifier (4 channel) and additional speakers.

I just have to work out how to attach it to the roof of the car as it is fairly heavy...

Henry

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I managed this by the way - Stereo was re-wired for a standard amp - I ran a power from the original stereo and a switch on from the same unit (this had to also be run to the amp as there was no remote out from the stereo. This all now works well - lights up well at night! I then re-located the clock into a custom panel replacing the original stereo aperture. Next I will use an Ipod Nano (the new square one) and connect to the auxiliary jack I have had installed into the stereo...

• 3 years later...
Hello Mat and others.

I know this is an old post, but I hope someone still is reading it, and maybe can help me out?

I got some stereo problems with my car, and it looks in an old post Mat found the solution in post #3 

Unfortunately, I cannot access the file you link to. Does anyone still have it somewhere?

Thank you for your time, 
Christian.
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2014 at 19:40, skiing said:

I think I have this. Chrisian, pm me your email address and I will email you.

Hi Henry / folks,

Just found a Panasonic RM (actually 710) in the roof of my newly acquired Dodge Raider (this can't have been standard surely?!?)

Only a single light showing any sign of life so far...

Another request for the information in the no longer active link.. be much appreciated. Thanks!