free hit
counters
Most miles in an Elise - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
USAndretti42

Most miles in an Elise

So, Iain Ogilvie's Elise is almost up to 175,000 miles which is a lot for a car so many reviewers write off as impractical.

Can anyone on here beat that figure?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry - just saw post!

Soo out of date - 190,000 now and still going strong...

(Did have her first ever head gasket replaced at 186,000 miles though...)

Iain

• Like 1

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

197,778 as of earlier today - almost 200,000!  :)

Any others?

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

Cracking effort! :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Ta da!

Who says Lotus cars are fragile? 200,000 miles (320,000km) and still going strong! Here's to the next 200,000 miles (perhaps with a more comfortable seat though ;))

Taken on the way home this evening:

943388_10151436578968123_2107255291_n.jp

Have fun - and stay safe!

Iain

That's a lot of miles, good effort Iain!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Cheers Bibs - wish I could do more miles in the Esprit though  :(

iain

Wow!  That is good going.  That's an average of 14,000 miles a year.  No wonder you want a more comfortable seat!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

This is very reassuring ! I was getting depressed because mine has turned 85k. It's only run in! Let the good times roll !!

• Like 1

Welcome to TLF Ryan. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions thread and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Bumpersticker2.jpg

Well done that man and car, I thought I was doing well with my Red Excel having 169,000 on the clock.

213,000 on the Elise now - and still smiling!

<bit of a numb bum tho>  ;)

Iain

:hrhr:

Evora NA

Thanks for link - hadn't seen that...

What does anyone think to the asking price on that, given the mileage?

213,000 - £8,490

You've just - randomly - sent me off looking at '60s Europas on Ebay Barry - you're a bad influence!

Must get Esprit recommissioned and *not* get sidetracked.

Iain

Edited by Iain
  • Haha 1

Most adverts on eBay currently are fake. Just be aware of that - the last couple of days it’s gone mad with fake adverts.

Only here once

Indeed - I'm not seriously looking at anything - just easily sidetracked... 😜

Iain

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:45, Iain said:

As posted in the Lotus 70th thread - passed 260,000 miles/420,000 km last week - not looking too shabby for those miles!

Iain, so uplifting to see a car, especially a sports car, being used and enjoyed. Driving them is the principle pleasure of the automobile. Good on ya. 

15 minutes ago, JG220 said:

190 on mine. 

190 miles. :D

Would love to get it to 190k though 

The World doesn’t have sufficient years left in existence for such a milestone :lol:

• Haha 1

I came to proudly boast about my 101k elise 111s....

Must try harder!

Very impressive. Car looks amazing. Lotus need to pick up on this story. Not sure what they could do but it deserves to be acknowledged and celebrated.