free hit
counters
Lotus Renault GP - Page 6 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Renault GP

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Because you want to protect the brand........

If TF does actually sell the brand that is "Team Lotus" to Proton, (with or without the Hingham operation) it will be interesting to see what happens to the Chapman family's wishes for the name to be buried

I dunno 'bout that, mate. Didn't they already renege on the "5 year" promise?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

That so called 5 year promise was predicated on TF following the licensing agreement with Proton, which very clearly he didn't do. He was warned, talks about Proton unhappy at how TF is using the license has been going on for some time, until the official announcement of the termination.

Remember, when that happened, TF didn't sue Proton for breach of contract. He could sue for damages. But he didn't.

Instead he PAID for Team Lotus name.

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. But I'm still trying to wrap my head around why I should join the "dump on TF camp." He may have bent a few rules along the way (ala the Chapman style time honoured technique), but he did bring back the marque, for better or worse (I happen to think for the better), when Group sat on its thumbs for years. Granted, he's a business man through 'n through, with all the excess baggage that that implies. But it often takes (requires?) someone of that ilk to pull off what he did, especially in so short a time frame. I continue to admire the man's boundless energy, if not each and every one of his actions. Had he not entered the picture, it's quite likely that the Lotus name (in whatever format you choose to utilise) would have remained a "no show" on the F1 circuit(s) indefinitely.

Is there a dump on TF camp? I thought it was just 1 or 2 people who obviously have an axe to grind.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Heck no. Support TF all you want, no one have a problem with that. What we (and I mean most Malaysian) don't like is :-

1. TF angling to sell his team to Proton (Which naturally involves the Malaysian govt money for a project that was met with considerable hostility because of the suspicion that he was angling for something like this).

2. TF potraying the Team as Malaysia (Based in England, the only Malaysian driver booted out), promising to move it to Sepang (Which I last heard didn't happen).

3. TF blaming Proton for his problems. He knew full well what the licensing agreement from Proton was all about.

Group Lotus wasn't interested in Team Lotus because they don't see the need to buy it. Nobody was interested to buy it, GL found out that they don't actually have to pay money to Team Lotus to race in Formula One (If not, Team Lotus would have sued Lotus Racing the moment the roll on the grid).

What conundrum that happens now can be put on TF's feet.

Heck no. Support TF all you want, no one have a problem with that. What we (and I mean most Malaysian) don't like is.........

2. TF potraying the Team as Malaysia (Based in England, the only Malaysian driver booted out), promising to move it to Sepang (Which I last heard didn't happen).

3. TF blaming Proton for his problems. He knew full well what the licensing agreement from Proton was all about.

Group Lotus wasn't interested in Team Lotus because they don't see the need to buy it. Nobody was interested to buy it, GL found out that they don't actually have to pay money to Team Lotus to race in Formula One (If not, Team Lotus would have sued Lotus Racing the moment the roll on the grid).

What conundrum that happens now can be put on TF's feet.

He never promised to move the team within the first year of operation so that comment is unfair. In fact, I am pretty sure he didn't give a definite timescale for the move.

I am not sure I understand your last comment. Lotus Racing wasn't Team Lotus last year so why would Team Lotus have sued them? However, David Hunt has said that Group Lotus/Proton did try to buy Team Lotus.

I'm not picking fault as such. It's interesting to get an alternative view and some insight into what people in Malaysia think.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Ah. Well, back here in dear old Malaysia, all the ads and such being run by TF and his sponsors stress on the 'Malaysianness' of the team. As I have said, the teams original name was 1Malaysia.

So maybe he had a different tack while marketing the thing outside of Malaysia then.

Don't know about you, but from the start, his promise about moving the team was hollow to the point of having no substance. With the loss of government support in the form of Proton, will TF actually go and buy land for moving a racing outfit to Sepang? Based on his business record - No. Will the engineers follow him to Sepang? Based on the question about moving Group Lotus to Malaysia - No.

Much have been made about Team Lotus having the rights to the Lotus name in regards to F1 operations. So why didn't they sue and stop Lotus Racing then? Because they clearly was racing F1 cars, something that Team Lotus apparently have rights over.

Saward blog

The team has denied that Genii is selling out to Lotus and says that right now the team is 100% owned by Genii. There are talks about Lotus acquiring a shareholding, but this will not be more than 50%, despite the rather misleading reference to a “major” shareholding in the team that was included in the December 8 press statement.

So Group Lotus is (as of 04/01/11) "just" a sponsor

Edited by simonb

Here's another nice mess you've gotten us into.

A famous line from Laurel and Hardy, the difference was they meant to be funny.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It's all become quite clear to me now. The Russian PM, Putin, ensures that Russian oil barron Mikhail Khodorkovsky has his jail term extended for another six years, therby giving Putin free access to the gazillions of petrol rubles in Khodorkovsky's Swiss bank account, so that Putin can now finalise his buyout of Genii, flip that sale for a profit by reselling Genii to Renault, and using the proceeds to gather up the remnants of a self imploding Proton/Group Lotus, just in time for the 2011 opening race. Driver Petrov, who is secretly a Kremlin KGB mole, hops into his now heavily underwritten (receiving funding from state-run high-tech company Rostekhnologii, where Putin is the de facto CEO) F1 chair, selects first gear and rides off into the sunset to cheers from unwitting Lotus fan accomplices everywhere, enabling the Commie pinko machine to garner world support for the resurgence of Russian national anthem elevator music in high rise business centers everywhere. Nostrovia!

Think I'm kidding? http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05012011/23/petrov-keen-repay-russian-support.html

It has been alleged that Putin has tasked the KGB with engineering the dissapearance of Todt and Ecclestone. A simultaneous move, in conjunction with the European Commission, will ensure that there is a non-interference clause ratified for inclusion in the next Constructors Rules Book in order that the teams do not feel that their Human Rights are being infringed by excessive interference from any governing body. I am assuming that will clear the coast for the inclusion of hidden compartments in all race transporters allowing the cross-border transportation of anything which will be more lucrative than sponsorship deals for the teams and believe that there is now an opening in the white powder business since yesterdays convictions in London which could adequately be filled by such provisions.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

New racesuits are snug...

35622_1396694737453_1834776901_754938_655652_n.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

But each team has there own biased Website/Blog. Autosport magazine is biased towards Proton-Group Lotus-Renault GP, printing 'The Real Lotus is back' even though, Group Lotus has never raced in F1.

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Group Lotus has never raced in F1.

That is pretty pedantic though. You know Chapman set up, owned and run both companies, right? It's like saying Richard Branson doesn't fly planes, sell holidays, make shit coke and have a radio station.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That is pretty pedantic though. You know Chapman set up, owned and run both companies, right? It's like saying Richard Branson doesn't fly planes, sell holidays, make shit coke and have a radio station.

I did know this yes, but Group Lotus and Team Lotus were separate entities, one built and raced racing cars and the other made road cars, occasionally racing them.

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!