free hit
counters
TLF exhibition/event equipment - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF exhibition/event equipment

We need a new tent! The last one is now 5 years old, I lost the sides and it says LEF/LEW so you can see my point! It's falling apart and has been used an awful lot so seen us for good value for money.

We could also do with sail banners/flag and other exhibition equipment so ideally need to spend some cash.

What's the benefit to you, why donate?

The forum is now 6 years old. It's doing well and has achieved a lot and in doing so I believe raised the profile of Lotus and especially to date the Esprit. It makes ownership a more attractive proposition and as a recent example, a visitor to our stand at the NEC has since viewed a car and purchased almost entirely on the advice of forum members, another secured a set of original S1 wheels within a week of the show and there are a thousand other stories I could share, those 2 are the last fortnight! These things happen as we are at shows etc and the better we present ourselves, the better we look and the more interested people become. I believe that an upshot of this is and will continue to be stronger residuals and an increased interest in our cars which is good for now and indeed good when you sell so donate now and I promise when you sell your car you'll be a millionaire!*

*may not be true.

I think we need to raise a minimum of £2,000 for everything we need, anyone in? Personal donations or business donations are welcome. Depending on what we get printed I hope to have a list of contributors on one of the items just to say thanks.

Donations via paypal to [email protected] - Thank you :D

post-1-0-24049700-1291914337.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've about 150 paid up members out of the 9,250 registered members. Those monies go towards our hosting costs and don't cover those any more and I think another £5 would put even more people off bein

Posted Images

Thanks to Mike Sekinger for our first donation to the fund, most appreciated :)

Thanks also to Backmarker and Kimbers - £140 so far :D

Thanks to Alan & Eric, over 10% in now :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs,

Any other way of paying like PM credit card details to you etc?

a) I have forgotten my Paypal login when out here at work as I never use it and prefer using credit cards

b) My company new IT set up has a net nanny is so fierce we can no longer access even home e-mails and internet banking so I can`t presently. Even these Forums were blocked as a messaging service but I got round that for now until they find the leak!

You may have to wait another 2 weeks if no plan B!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Al, I'm sure we'll still be at it in a couple of weeks when you're home matey, paypal will be fine then :)

Also, thanks to our resident poolboy Christopher and to Mike MPx for their donations. We're also up to 20% of funds needed now :D

Evora NA

Cheers Alex & Dave :)

Thanks to Lucas and Pete Gentilli we're almost at 25% :D

Thanks to Trevor Skedge and Andrew Weaver, we're over £500 now :)

Thank you Kim Poulsen :D

Evora NA

Recent donations from Jukka, Mangel and Dan have bought us close to a third of the way there, thanks guys :D

Evora NA

Bibs

For those of us less wealth ie retired, might adding a precept to the membership cost be a way of getting contributions from everybody. I don't know what the current membership is but an extra £5 added to membership should raise a fair amount.

We've about 150 paid up members out of the 9,250 registered members. Those monies go towards our hosting costs and don't cover those any more and I think another £5 would put even more people off being paid up members. A long time ago it was £25 but that was reduced to encourage more sign ups, I've even introduced a £12 international membership recently and not a single person has taken that up.

Trouble is, most people expect stuff for free nowadays and only contribute if they have to, if they are forced to. It's the ones who aren't 'most people' who have the kindness to contribute to an appeal like this and support the forum that we have to rely on.

Most other car clubs have a mandatory charge, most of them are much more expensive than us and most offer less too, perhaps the only thing that sets them apart is a magazine but I've no intention of becoming a publisher. Rather than go down the route of mandatory charges, for now I'll stick to appeals like this and hope that there are enough people who feel that the club is worth the investment. :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

£5 sounds good Mike. I hope that those who feel they could afford a £5 donation aren't put off giving it for any reason. As you say, if lots of people come forward with a fiver the target will soon get met. A donation of any size is a demonstration of commitment and shared responsibility for the site that we all enjoy and the associated events. So why wouldn't we?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I've even introduced a £12 international membership recently and not a single person has taken that up.

When was this? The last time I looked at the membership page, I didn't see anything about it...£12 is MUCH more reasonable at current USD/GBP rates. Gonna have to go look again...

EDIT: You've just sold your first £12 International Membership! :thumbsup:

Edited by The Veg

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Well done Ben.

Guys, any contribution would be appreciated. Mike makes a good point. If you are short before Xmas even a few quid can make a difference. If 200 people gave £3 each that would be another £600!.....

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Just arrived, thanks very much Dave, very kind of you mate :D

Thanks to Yasou too :)

Not all that far from halfway there now, thanks to everyone again who has donated so far!

Evora NA

Thanks to Matt 'Moxie' DeLange for his recently contribution :)

Evora NA

Bibs, hows your snow, we have 6 inches and a temp of some minus 10 degrees.

I will be sending you a cheque today for £120 pounds, 20 for the xmas doo and £100 donation to the funds, and I think £5.00 precept is about right, do consider free access to the form for 3 - 6 months then a lower non full member fee of say £10, most with a Lotus could afford that.

Take care mate

Dave

A very big thank you to Rub-A-Dub-Dub, the 'poolboy to the stars' company for their corporate donation to the TLF fund. Well over 50% in now, thanks everyone :D

Evora NA

Bibs,

You are welcome. If my small donation helps this forum in any manner I deem it well worth it. The attitude and friendship ( not to mention the technical knowledge shared, whether shadetree mechanic or professional ) is worthy of support.

We've about 150 paid up members out of the 9,250 registered members. Those monies go towards our hosting costs and don't cover those any more

That's shocking.. and I let my subscription lapse some months (years?) ago. :blush:

Now corrected :thumbup:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Thanks Dan, most appreciated mate :)

Thank you to Gordon Masson for his donation, ta :D

Thanks also to Lord & Lady Pilkington for their contribution to the funds :D

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Well at least they can write it off against their horrific tax bill.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Thank you to Malcolm Warner and Paul Baxter for their donations :)

Thank you Sparky for your donation matey :)

Evora NA

Thanks to Al. for his recent donation :)

Update:

25 people have so far donated (although 144 have read this thread, I know who you are!) and we're at £1,271.00. Perhaps in the new year we can all have a push and empty those stagnant paypal accounts or dig deep after payday, it's all very much appreciated and will go towards and excellent cause.

Evora NA

Thanks go to Simon Mitchell, the man with the little pecker*! Ta matey :D

*allegedly, have you seen what car he drives! :lol:

Evora NA