free hit
counters
Kinect - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Kinect

Bibs

Has anyone bought it yet? Is it worth £150? From this demo it certainly looks like it! :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That demo did look impresive!

I mnust admit I am not a fan of racing games on the wii because of holding the controler in mid air and mindlessly moving left and right. I would guess this is the same.

I like to have something frim to hold onto (oo er missus) like either a wheel or the standard controller.

I was hoping my brother was going to get one so I could try it though........

Edited by Nelly9000

They had one on demo in PC World yesterday but as soon as I kicked a kid off, another one jumped on! Little gits!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Keep in mind some of the downsides...

Such as the large space required for it to be able to see you and friends... And ambient lighting in the room required by the camera.

Read this review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4057/microsoft-kinect-the-anandtech-review

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 2 months later...

Evora NA

Is it just me, or did the turning motion of the car not exactly match the movement of the steering wheel in that demo sequence?

Look real closely - makes me wonder if it's a typical kind of mocked up video sequence to try to promote something that turns out not to be so hot in reality.

I may be wrong...

They've sold 10,000,000 in the past 2 months, must be something to it! :)

Evora NA

• 1 month later...

Kinect is a LOT of fun. You need a decent amount of room to enjoy it fully, especially in 2 person mode as it can struggle if your not far enough away from the sensor bar.

Apparently a trick is to mount it high up as its got more chance of seeing all of you but it'd look a bit daft stuck up on the wall in your living room above the TV.

For the amount of fun we've had out of it even with just the free bundled games I recon its worth the money for sure!

Chunky Lover