free hit
counters
Beer - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

How good does this look?

post-1-0-22559300-1292845390.jpg

I spotted it in the Bell Inn when we recently visited Scott Walker for dinner, £7.95 a bottle but boy will it taste nice on Christmas day!

My top 3 ales are currently:

1. Sharp's Doom Bar
  2. Hook Norton Bitter
  3. Shephard Neame's Master Brew

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anything with the Fuller's name on it has to be good....I recall the introduction of ESB in Richmond; the Magistrate's Court was full of prosperous gents, tie round ear after night in cells...."ESB?" said the Chairman of the Bench...."Fined £10 and don't do it again!!" Those were the days...now it's all Anti Social Behaviour orders and Dispersal Orders...never used to need such things, back when a gentleman could hold his drink! It was a matter of personal pride that, no matter how bladdered one became, one's behaviour was always beyond reproach...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I had a few of these given to me last year. The name does not reflect the taste thank goodness. Already bought this years supply for myself. 6% and very tasty indeed.

photo-4.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

For the many that know me in person here...yes I drink an evaporative pint ( Dave Eds most likely did not realise that was going to stick when he said it...lol ) but when I do have one I want something unique and will always have the local pubs brew....though one of my all time favourites is...

post-4361-0-05093500-1292856072.jpg

Tactical Nuclear Penguin....

Haven't tried it yet, but my friend bought 2 350mL bottles for $75 each!

I go for Guinness usually, and sometimes a Chimay red label.

I've been going to the great American Beer Fest the past 3 years. They usually have ~2000 beers from all over the US.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

When I came to Australia 16 years ago it was impossible to get a decent beer anywhere, all tasteless fizzy piss. For the most part it's still the same but over the last few years some good microbreweries have sprung up and now it's possible to get some good ones. 'Little Creatures' and 'James Squire's' Ales are very good. In the bottle shops you can even buy Fuller London Pride, ESB and Taylors Landlord, but it's about $10 a bottle.

Before I left the UK in 1994 a friend and I used to brew mash beers and supply friends and relatives in the local area. After I left the country he carried on brewing and started a microbrewery in Skipton N.Yorks. He tells me it's doing very well so I'm looking forward to sampling a few next week when I get back for a visit. Copper Dragon anyone ? The website looks impressive.

Too many Toys are never enough !

During this holiday time brewers around the world deliver special beers for the season. Many people consider these the best beers of the year.

I've now about 15 kinds of christmas beers in the cellar waiting for visitors coming over at Christmas an New year.

The range goes from 8` till 13` from blond to dark ones.

For new years eve, I have a big botlle of Malheur Cuvee Royale (it's a beer!)

When I were a lad, working Coventry back the days when the world was in black and white we used to attend the CAMRA festival in TIle Hill or Canley. The memory is a bit foggy for obvious reasons. The system was that you bought tickets from a centre cashier and used them to buy the beers. That's where I got a taste for Wadworth 6X. Great thing was that we lived the far side of town and, by the time we had walked home, we were fairly sober, thus avoiding a hangover. Happy days!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Wow! Travis, you must tell us the name of this pub.

That is the Avery tap room at the Avery brewery in Boulder Colorado. It is near my work.

They also have catering and live music. It's a popular place. The beers can be expensive, $10 for a 16% alcohol Beast in a small snifter... it helps to be friendly with the staff;)

Earlier in the year they made a small quantity of a sour called Voltron, they only made 50gal. It was interesting!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

010349.jpg

I'm with Dan...

The Red Lion at Shamley Green use to sell it out of oak casks behind the bar, no pipe work to spoil the taste, yum..

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein