free hit
counters
Lotus 'New Era' photoshoot in LA - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Lotus 'New Era' photoshoot in LA

For your viewing pleasure - More to come in the new year!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

These pics are a Million times better than the CG vids!

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Like the Elan, could imagine that in the showroom, but the Elise looks too much like a concept. Would be very surprised to see the glass roof survive, and with a normal windscreen it would look quite different IMHO

Updated with Esprit pics, click the link in the first post :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Love the Evora in a posh frock.... sorry I mean the Elan, that one always stood out as the winner for me.

I'm still not 100% convinced by the new Elise, I think maybe it's one of those cars you just have to see in the plastic or whatever it'll be made out of. Something about it says it's trying too hard, almost like a baby Lambo, also from some angles it looks a bit chunky, similar to a 10 year old Alfa Spider...

...but I could be wrong! sofa.gif

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I agree with all of the above - Elan looks great, Elise looks too busy and cluttered. Front of the Elise looks like a rat to me. Can't say I'm so impressed with the Esprit any more; its looks have been off -- on -- and now off again for me. But the Elan . . . they got that one right. That's among the best looking new cars today. The proportions all appear good, and it looks good from all of the angles I've seen. My only critique is that I'm not a friend of squinty headlamps (and tail lamps!), and the "mean" look that these and so many other cars today have.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Some stunning Elite images added :)

Evora NA

The Elite is another one I think they got right. I've read comments that it has styling elements from or looks like various Astons or Japanese cars; okay, but IMHO, they all are missing the mark (including even the Aston), and Lotus are the ones who got it right in terms of the balance and proportion of the overall design. I try to use this word very sparingly: the Lotus Elite has a certain elegance about the design that current front-engined GTs don't.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I still think that the new Esprit really seems to be missing something. It's almost too plain looking.

I do really like the Elan though. I think it has similar lines to the original Esprit , especially with the lower side air intakes.

I am 100% with Tony K. - Spot on!

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

The elan is spot on...

elan-1371x1920.jpg

its a lovely looking car. it looks muscular and squat. the back is a little fussy but i will excuse that. Of all the new cars i this is the one that floats my boat. It would make more sense to me to produce the Elan first.

The Esprit looks good from some angles especially the rear 3/4 view, the images on the Lotus site look good but these latest images do not impress me. looks a little drab. i think they made a poor choice with the colour.... it should not be white. another point is that they should have had the Esprit and Elise in different colours, not both white. I think of all the cars the Esprit is the one that needs to be seen in the flesh to see if it "works" or not. when you see the size of the thing and how it sits on the road as opposed to a plinth.. thats when we will know if the design is a triumph.

I quite like the Elise. it looks good in the promo vid and below:

elise-2015-1371x1920.jpg

it looks like a well thought out car, it looks a little bit to high in its proportions and the front overhang is quite lenghty.

Elite..... STUNNING! everything is right on this... except for those stupid Tail pipes which cut against the whole "elegance" of the rear..

and the Eterne? well its propbably never going to happen....

the order they intend to release these would seem odd... i really wouldnt have gone with the all out top of the range Esprit first, this should surely be a culmination of the range.

.... i hope they know what they are doing....

Another vote for the Elan - it was my fave at the Paris launch and just keeps getting better for me.

I think its a shame that it isn't the Esprit if that makes sense.

I completely agree with Neil. I'm liking the Elan a lot more than the Esprit even though I feel I shouldn't. Really not impressed with the Elise and the Elite is OK though these pics make it look better than at the unveiling.

Pete

• Like 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

I completely agree with Neil. I'm liking the Elan a lot more than the Esprit even though I feel I shouldn't.

Pete

That's exactly how I feel! I just stopped looking after I saw the Elan, the Esprit's ok, although I'm never going to own one and even if I had the dosh I'm doubt I'd really want one! The Elan seems to have got the balance right between supercar and daily driver... now all I need is £70k ish!

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Must admit that I too am a traitor. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the Esprit just doesn't strike with me. I do know that the rear seems lacking in some way (or perhaps has too much going, not sure). For now, seeing that none of these have been put into production, I can only assume that there will be a few revisions done to each model before making it onto the showroom floor. I will say however that if I were to choose one model right now, I have to go with the group and say the Elan captures my vote as well. I'm going to remain optimistic however before plopping any cash down for any model in the hopes that the final design gets everything right for me (or at least doesn't leave me scratching my head).

And it looks like Bahar can not stop offending current Lotus owners, to me this is no longer teasing. Look at the distinct horses on the background of the Elite picture. I'm sure Bahar will wash his hands clean, as he will state he has nothing to do with these pictures. All this just a few days after this interview: Ferrari . Knowing the current CEO owns a white Esprit V8 he still does not to drive/name the biggest Lotus icon of all times.

I feel this also is the key to why we should support Team Lotus and not Renault. People say that Lotus Racing was business as usual for Tony Fernandes, when he choose the Lotus name to race with, but being a eye witness at Snetterton this year I'm sure Tony feels more passion about Lotuses, then the current Lotus CEO will ever do.

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

My order of preference based on these pictures:

1. Elan

2. Elise

3. Elite

4. Esprit

Doesn't look like they'll be making an appearance in Detroit next month, either.

It would be nice to see them in person.

Please, oh please, Mr. Bahar! Bring these to the Motor City! :welcome:

I think its a shame that it isn't the Esprit if that makes sense.

That was exactly my thought too! The Elan should be the new Esprit. It just looks like an Esprit. :thumbup: