free hit
counters
A winter wedding in an Esprit! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

A winter wedding in an Esprit!

I have finally returned to the UK after my honeymoon and have uploaded some pics of my Lotus at my wedding! It performed flawlessly and in fact was easier to use on the snow and ice than a friend of mines BMW!

Sorry for the self indulgance in these pics but I am having a week of feeling proud!

DSC_4394-1.jpg

DSC_4396-1.jpg

DSC_4687.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

Twitter @radioRedwards

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I scrolled through those pics I thought you'd married the car! Lucky you tagged that last picture on!

Congratulations :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Absolutely beautiful photos - she looks lovely! I wish you countless happy years together! :)

And blue Esprits make the best wedding cars! :thumbsup:

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Both Lizi and the Esprit look really stunning matey - you're one lucky fella!

Got your message. I'll phone you tomorrow bud.

:)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

You're one lucky Gorilla Rick.!!!! ;-) The Mrs looks stunning!!! When I got married in '99 we didn't go off initially in the Esprit but I returned solo to the location of our shortened 4 day brief honeymoon in Finger Lakes wine country in the Esprit to help set up a national Lotus event (LOG 19) in Watkins Glen NY for the following weekend. My new wife then drove back down and joined me on the Friday start of the event (she needed to work the few days in between). The Lotus event was something that was committed to before our wedding day was set and nether of us could really get away for a week then. I made it up a few years later with week long real honeymoon flyaway to the Tetons and Yellowstone National Park.

Edited by comem47
And blue Esprits make the best wedding cars! :thumbsup:

My Esprit is blue and my sweetheart is probably gonna be in for the long haul...might be one heluva trend starting!

Hearty congrats Rick!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Do I get a prise for guessing what was something blue.

Actually, in line with the Lotus philosophy of making one think do at least 2 jobs, it is something blue and something old.

Car looks great.

Wife looks great.

Wedding looks great.

I think you've earned your self indulgence.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Congratulations,

Looks like you had a great day,

If you or anyone else wnat a wedding album made, Pm its what I do for a living.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Don't tell me,,,,,,,,,,,her dad owns a pub too. :lol: Some people have all the luck. Congratulations

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Thanks everyone for the the warm wishes! I am still grinning every time I look back at the pics. An amazing time. I had no idea how good it was going to be.

A couple of points.

1. Actually it wasn't the something blue, although that was my suggestion !

2. No , her dad does not own a pub

3. I tried to find the wedding car thread but tried many search words and no joy.

4. If anyone is thinking about the getting married thing....its the best thing I have ever done, so thoroughly recomend it. The day goes so fast I look back and dont actually remember a lot of the things that happened so good pics are a must !

A happy and peacful Christmas to one and all !

Twitter @radioRedwards