Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Racing Injectors? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Racing Injectors?

M Blur

Looking at uprated injectors after this season. Old gal runs Lotus Carlton black 620cc primary and standard grey secondary injectors with uprated 300 fuel regulator etc.

Anyone tried Bosche Motorsport or Sard injectors.?

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at uprated injectors after this season. Old gal runs Lotus Carlton black 620cc primary and standard grey secondary injectors with uprated 300 fuel regulator etc.

Anyone tried Bosche Motorsport or Sard injectors.?

You already have greater than 53% more fuel than stock (who knows how much with the extra pressure), how much HP do you expect to run? You should be good for 450+ right now.

I saw your earlier numbers (about 300 right? I know still needs tuning), how rich are you currently running, what is the duty cycle of the injectors now?

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

You already have greater than 53% more fuel than stock (who knows how much with the extra pressure), how much HP do you expect to run?  You should be good for 450+ right now. I saw your earlier numbers (about 300 right? I know still needs tuning), how rich are you currently running, what is the duty cycle of the injectors now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

310 and 397NM but was losing boost through the BOV above 1.1 bar so new one going on and only 70% throttle as per other thread - showing 12.9 lambda so hoping this will get richer once full throttle engages..

Aiming for 350-400bhp for next 12-18 mths before Garry K takes an engine to the next level: GT2+ spec. Need to sort out decent tranny before then and make sure half shafts etc etc all uprated... are the V8 ones better?

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

310 and 397NM but was losing boost through the BOV above 1.1 bar so new one going on and only 70% throttle as per other thread - showing 12.9 lambda so hoping this will get richer once full throttle engages..

Aiming for 350-400bhp for next 12-18 mths before Garry K takes an engine to the next level: GT2+ spec. Need to sort out decent tranny before then and make sure half shafts etc etc all uprated... are the V8 ones better?

The best Esprit tranny is the X180-R, but I doubt you'll be able to get one. They were hardened and cryo treated. blah blah blah (don't know all the specs)

Make sure you have a tranny oil cooler, pump, and some jets spraying on the gears and diff.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Garry K suggested a GTO 6-speed dog box.. will go for the DB upgrade if I cant budget one in next year and have as much of the internals uprated in the process.

oil cooler plans are afoot in the meantime..

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

how rich are you currently running, what is the duty cycle of the injectors now?

Not sure to be honest - I recall there's a data feed for the primary and secondary injectors - can't recall if it showed duty cycle or not or if it can be calcd from the data Freescan does record.. from a voltage output I suspect.>?

:huh:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Garry K suggested a GTO 6-speed dog box.. will go for the DB upgrade if I cant budget one in next year and have as much of the internals uprated in the process.

oil cooler plans are afoot in the meantime..

Didn't John Hazzard go to a Porsche G50 in his new V8? Could you do that, I've heard they aren't too expensive? Or haw about the Graziano that they're using in the new Noble M15? The Aston DB9 and Ferrari use the Graziano too.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Freescan will report the duty cycle for the injectors.

Main injectors are measued by pulse width in milliseconds of how long they are open, 2ndry injectors are measured as a percentage of duty.

I'm also looking into injectors atm to replace mine becuase of the crappy spray they give - got a few ear marked but not sure which to go with when the cash comes up to be spent.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

This maybe a question for Messrs Kemp..

What spray pattern does the esprit engine like the best? The Lucas single pencil, the bosch cone, or maybe the 2 or 4-jet type.

Re the gearbox.. Mike Rodregues has a quaife 6-speed in his Esprit. He wants to swap it out of his road car because it is not user friendly for road use.. it has very low hours and will be very reasonable. He is In CA working on it this month.

Other GB options could be RBT or Ricardo 6-sp

Jan

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

The equation you need to convert the primary injector pulse width into a percent duty cycle is given in the Freescan manual.

You can set it up in excel or equivalent.

Dermot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Dermot - will check figures form next run - hopefully with 100% throttle sorted.

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

This maybe a question for Messrs Kemp.. What spray pattern does the esprit engine like the best?  The Lucas single pencil, the bosch cone, or maybe the 2 or 4-jet type. 

Re the gearbox.. Mike Rodregues has a quaife 6-speed in his Esprit. He wants to swap it out of his road car because it is not user friendly for road use.. it has very low hours and will be very reasonable.  He is In CA working on it this month. Other GB options could be RBT or Ricardo 6-sp

Jan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Garry certainly mentioned using Bosch Motorsport injectors over the Rochester type for better spray pattern but wil llet Garry confirm back to you.

OT - :angry: Quaife would be certainly be nice nice but as this is the first year of the project then (given their initial outlay) a Quaife is simply not in my budget. Next year I should be able to look round and it's planned ahead of any major engine mods but lots to do in the meantime. With decent oil and a cooler I reckon I can get at least 1-2 light seasons out of the current tranny. long-term I'd want to go for full sequential or at least a 6-speed dog box with lsd. Alas some of the other options mentioned above are just silly money.. :(:)

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Garry certainly mentioned using Bosch Motorsport injectors over the Rochester type for better spray pattern but wil llet Garry confirm back to you.

OT -  :angry: Quaife would be certainly be nice nice but as this is the first year of the project then (given their initial outlay) a Quaife is simply not in my budget. Next year I should be able to look round and it's planned ahead of any major engine mods but lots to do in the meantime. With decent oil and a cooler I reckon I can get at least 1-2 light seasons out of the current tranny. long-term I'd want to go for full sequential or at least a 6-speed dog box with lsd. Alas some of the other options mentioned above are just silly money.. :(  :)

I do use all Bosch injectors on my Esprit. My old Rochesters were badly clogged, so in that respect the new BOSCH are much better (I re-did the entire fuel system at that time).

I use BOSCH 370cc/min low impedance primaries, and 200cc/min high impedance secondaries.

I buy from here

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsMODS.asp

Very good prices, about 1/2 $$ of other places.

You can call Bruce up, tell him you have a Lotus, tell him what you need and he'll be able to help. You can get them blueprinted and balanced to 1%

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE