free hit
counters
January jaunt 2011 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

January jaunt 2011

Tally Oh,

Plan is to meet on the NAAFI car park at RAF Cosford at 10.00am on Sunday 16th January.

We'll aim to leave at 10.30am, heading for Whitchurch, then Woore and finally Trentham Gardens for a nosey round, coffee or early lunch.

All attendees please sign on below.

1. Officer Dibble

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gearbox rebuild?

What have you been doing Nige?

Perhaps if you ask nicely they'll have it done in time or maybe loan you something Lotus for the day :thumbsup:

Hope it's not painful on the pocket.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Two miles from home after the Help for Heros run it started to crunch in and out of second gear.

Been in touch with Peter Smith and Paul Matty today,one dealer was very helpfull the other seem to skip around the edges :veryangry: ,anyway one of them is going to phone me tomoz to give me the word.

But I might still be on for the 16th as he said it could be done by then no probs :thumbsup: .

Painfull on the pocket it will be :censored::thumbdown:

:shuriken:

Graham, is it an idea to send a mass PM to members to remind them about this? If you need any assistance with that, just ask :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs,

Depends whether by "member" you mean those within the NMEG group or the TLF group.

The NMEG guys are well trained and know where & when to look.

Newbies might miss out though until they get their wings.

What's your thoughts?

How long a trip is it?

I'm at the Autosport show on Sat and staying at my parents in Aldridge that night and heading back oop-norf on Sunday...

Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress

Porsche 924 Turbo - Parts chaser

Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

Hi Rich,

If we leave RAF Cosford at 10.30am as planned then I would expect to be Trentham Gardens for 11.30/12.00.

I expect most folks will settle for a coffee before heading back home for lunch.

As you may know, Trentham Gardens is 5 mins from jct 15 of the M6 so ideally placed for Preston if you don't mind boring motorways.

Be good to have you along :thumbsup:

If you can make it, please add your name to the list

Cheers,

Graham

OK than why not!

1. Officer Dibble

2. Flt Lt Oneshot + Gracie

3. Flt Lt Rich H RAF (Ret)

I suspect I'll have to bring the old man (then have to take him back home again :wallbash:) it is (nearly) his birthday after all!

Edited by Rich H

OK, I took the car out for a run today.......... and broke down 8 times in about 17 miles! :veryangry:

The misfire came back with a vengeance - so much so it kept killing the engine followed by a HUGE shotgun bang!

I eventually got her going after the first time (after a cyclist rode past admiring the car), made it about a mile, and it did it again :(

This time after getting her going again, I went back to the engine and looked around. The same cyclist rode past and said we should stop meeting like this :rolleyes:

I heard a ticking noise coming from the 'spitfire' fitted in-line in the HT coil lead. If I moved the lead slightly, the ticking went and the engine almost stopped missing (hard to tell when on the side of the road)

Anyway, my best bet is I need a new HT coil lead, but its 40" long ! I don't know if fitting a new Spitfire would work?

Halfrauds only sell full kits and not individual ones like they used to, so will have to find someone who does :question:

So, unless I can sort it and it cures the problem, I may not be able to attend :(

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Dave, pop along to decent motor factors with your leads, they most probably will eithe have a set on the shelf or will be able to get them same day.

I was in a rush to get mine so that is what I did, the guy behind the counter said, oh I think them Esprit leads are off an old ford, he cross referenced them with some number in his head and indeed they were perfect and have done many miles trouble free.

Failing that you've got enough time to buy a set off the Internet for a few thousand ponds no doubt!

Chunky Lover

Realise it doesn't help Dave but ....................... fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Didn't I read in another post that you'd acquired an Elise? Go karts are allowed to play you know :D

nope, not mine but i should have brought it. If i had know it was going to be 'given away' for £10k when the garage will probably sell it on for £13+, I would have been seriously temped, but alas the deal is struck now.

Went to the local back street motor factors (seems the only good ones left) , I managed to get 40" long HT lead with no connectors, but they had ran out of the old screw connectors :( I need a straight and a 90deg to make the lead up

So I still haven't got a lead :(

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Somewhat OT but I have made my own leads up by recycling the fittings on the old cables before now.

Pull the rubber boot back ont he old cable and see if ti's crimped or screw in, screw in then your laughing, crimp in takes more effort but can be uncripmed and re-crimped with care with pliers - its what I did.

Failing that I have a pair of screw in bosch king lead plugs from my old 924 Turbo leads I can post them special delivery if you think they will fit...

Or if you are going to / near the Autosport show on Sat I can bring them down.

Rich

I'm sure the MOD has something suitable Dave :whistle:

I actually made a new terminal from brass tube on my Elise when I managed to snap one off...

A bit of brass tube from a model shop and some cunning dremeling to copy the old one (Minus crack!).

The MTMS yard fitters used to help me out now and then (I was OC MTMS which helped...) with bits like that, failing that the Geffries (Elec) are normally good for weird bodged electrical fittings and crimping tools (I was OC GEF too...). That's assuming you are on an RAF station!!

Rich

Edited by Rich H

Rich,

Dave repairs tanks for the MOD :2guns:

Follow the signs off the M54 (Junction 3 I think)

Follow the road from the motorway up to a set of traffic lights where you turn right into Cosford. Just after you have turned in you will see the NAAFI on the right behind a fence. Go a bit further until you get to the opening and turn in. We will be there.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Enjoyed my run today boys ( and Anita )

Pity the traffic ruined the A525. That's a lovely twisty road but overtakes are few and far between if you get stuck behind some numpty.

As Yellow 1 I'm sure I got the best run :thumbsup:

Good to meet Rich H and his dad John who was out celebrating his birthday in style. Hope you found the petrol station ok Rich.

Apologies for having to rush off at the end especially when it was to stand in a field getting soaking wet watching son spend 20 minutes chasing a football ( the coffee bar at Trentham Gardens was warm & cosy too :coffee: )

Next month we're off to Chester as per Alex's thread http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/index.php/topic/38583-northern-delights-feb-2011/

See you then guys