free hit
counters
Rude awakening. - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Rude awakening.

Usially one for being able to sleep through the loudest thunderstorms in the deepest of sleeps. Not much disturbs me or comes between me and my sleep and would quite normally snore my way through bumps or bangs or any other way most people get woken.

I did however let fly at one of the kids in the middle of the night last night for forgetting (found out later) to do up the latch on their hampsters cage. The damn thing, middle of night, had ventured from my daughters room, accross the landing, and into our room, put his crampons on, climbed the duvet and sat on my pillow. I awoke at this point with no lenses in eyes and saw this out of focus thing moving on my pillow and just shouted RAAAAAAT! Side swiped it off the bed and saw something blurey scurry into the on-suite. Margaret had woken at this point thinking I'd been dreaming, especially as I then couldn't find the damn thing until we heard a scrabbling sometime later from under the bath. Screwdriver set out, side of the bath off and recaptured Hampster - little bugger!

Sombody is not getting any pocket money now this week!

Kids!!!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: What does the hamster usually spend it's pocket money on?

Seriously though, it was going for your throat, you woke up just in time...

killerhamsterxo5.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Also remember a few years ago staying at parents house in Bristol being woken up by my wife saying she could hear glass breaking downstairs. I came round and yes, could hear the same. Quick as a flash, jumped out of bed and ventured clentched fisted, naked (not a pretty sight I know) down the stairs, accross the hall and opened kitchen door to find just the parents dog playing with beer bottles from the bin at 3am!

Whack!! Get back in your bed!! (to dog not wife) ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

You do live an exciting life Mr May :thumbsup:

What's this about being "naked" ?

I thought you were a man who went nowhere without his shorts :unworthy:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

thought you were a man who went nowhere without his shorts :unworthy:

Have to admit I was smileing at the invite to New Years Eve 'Beach Party' last Friday. Happy Days :)

But Mr May, ees not rat, ees amster. I called him Basil.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.