free hit
counters
Police Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Police Evora

Central police motorway group have an Evora in their fleet!

Featured on our local news last night.

Midlands today if you don't want to be bored watching the other items (although there is an interesting article about the police lorry used on the motorways) then skip to 14:15 where they go live to the Central motorway police unit (incidentally about 1 mile from where I work!) and the Evora

Intro bu Suzanne "Looks like it should be on a racetrack" :thumbsup:

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For our 'out of town' friends :)

post-1-0-62794900-1294851940.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

First off I can't view the video in the US. I'm a bit surprised about the purchase unless Group is cutting the Police a special deal. In the US there are few performance pursuit vehicles (mostly hopped up Mustangs that would not come anywhere near the cost of an Evora)and mostly the vehicles are a fleet purchase of Ford Crown Victorias (modified to Police spec, but stripped down and still go very well ). Parts are cheap and available everywhere. Especially in these economic times. I'm curious, what is the "everyday" choice for most Police jurisdictions in the UK?

It's a loan for a month, it's not costing anything.

The fuzz usually drive top of the range 5 series BMW's all the same! It's an outrage!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They don't pay full retail for their BMWs either (far from it) and the initial slightly higher purchase price is offset by good residuals, lower maintenance costs and overall reliabilty!

This Evora is just continuing a long tradition of Police liveried Lotus cars.

Midlands old bill have a right selection at the mo'

Focus ST

R32 golf

Jag XF (in the background of that shot I think)

5 series

X5 or two or three

Range Rover's

Discovery 3's

Volvo's

couple of EVO X's

and of course the ultimate pursuit vehice

The astra diesel!!!

Nice!!!

They also have a couple of naughty unmarked Skoda Octavia RS's :no

Keep 'em peeled :police:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

It's a loan for a month, it's not costing anything.

The fuzz usually drive top of the range 5 series BMW's all the same! It's an outrage!

Ah well... Police in a 5 series... they would have had a job chasing a Ford Fiesta during the snow... great choice :hrhr:

I'm curious, what is the "everyday" choice for most Police jurisdictions in the UK?

For the past few years they have had a few favourites... there is an important distinction to be made between the Motorway patrol / Fast response vehicles, and more normal police cars.

Normal issue: cars Ford focus / Mondeo , Vauxhall Astra / Vectra, they are the bog standard cars we could all go out and buy, just livered up and with the police comms equipment.

now I believe they are restricted to bulk purchase models from a few (5?) manufacturers to keep costs down.

Fast Response / Motorway:

Always used to be Volvo T5's, more recently replaced with D5's!, Vauxhall Omega 3.2 MV6's, BMW 3 / 5 Series, Honda Accord 2.2 CDTIs, Essex has a couple a few headline catching Mitsubishi Evos / Subura STIs.

I also don't believe these are police specials in anyway...although i've seen a police Accord used in anger round here in Norfolk and it was going ***** fast!....also in Norfolk, they still have their fleet of volvos, although the normal plod cars are focus' and some are quite old but I'm all for keeping something perfectly servicable in use. I don't mind if the police go back to Granada / Senators / SD1s, actually i'd quite like it but thats just me..!

When I lived in Germany in the late 1980s I remember seeing a police 944 in Stuttgart one night. It was fully kitted up, green & white, lights on top, the whole works. It was one of exceptionally few moments in my life when I felt a desire to be a traffic cop.

Pic from the 'net...

Porsche944BWwittag1112830140.jpg

Edited by The Veg

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/13012011/36/britain-s-fastest-police-car-0.html

Same story but states that the car will be used for 2 weeks on the M6 M5 M42

Must resist temptation to do a drive by so I can watch the copper trying to get out of it!!!

Nope, not going to be able to resist so will be taking tax disc out of window for the next couple of weeks in hope!!!!

Didn't that policeman used to be on one of those documentary series about traffic police recently? I think he is one of twins, both in the force.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I bet they'll be queueing up to get their hands on that one....... Overtime, anyone? That'll be me Sir, please!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't that policeman used to be on one of those documentary series about traffic police recently? I think he is one of twins, both in the force.

That's right.

I saw a programme recently where he was driving an unmarked HGV tractor unit (i.e. without a trailer) and he was catching out HGV driver's who were using their mobiles while driving on the motorway. Much easier to see into the cab if if at the same height!