free hit
counters
clutch wear - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

How many of the parts causing this issue are from Toyota? It's a Toyota engne and gearbox. I don't know about the clutch or release bearing.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

That would explain the strange gear ratios on the standard box.

The optional sports ratio gearbox is modified by Lotus before it goes on the Evora.

On topic again, my clutch was changed under warranty. Noise not completely gone but hardly audible. I will see how it evolves. The newer AP clutch has more bite than the previous one. Needs a very precise left foot. But I like it. Feels solid and race-car like.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's worth mentioning that it doesn't spoil the driving experience in any way. It's only really audible from outside at idle.

Clutch and gearchange are still very sharp after 13,600 km and almost one year of 'spirited' driving :)

• 1 month later...

I do not mean to take over a thread I did not start but I am hoping someone can help me out

Does anyone have a part number for this flywheel? (not the flex plate with starter ring) The part number I have is no longer used nor can it be found. I have Flywheel Assembly, manual P/N A132E0021F which is not anywhere in the US computer system anymore. However, Flex Plate, with starter gear ring P/N A132E6289S is still a good number but it does not come with the flywheel.

Any help is appreciated

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

As I understand it, the problem with the clutch assemblies failing on earlier cars was due to the tightening sequence at the factory when they were assembled. The build manual instructed the tightening of the bolts in a clockwise direction whereas like fitting a road wheel to the car the bolts should have been tightened diametrically.

I do not mean to take over a thread I did not start but I am hoping someone can help me out

Does anyone have a part number for this flywheel? (not the flex plate with starter ring) The part number I have is no longer used nor can it be found. I have Flywheel Assembly, manual P/N A132E0021F which is not anywhere in the US computer system anymore. However, Flex Plate, with starter gear ring P/N A132E6289S is still a good number but it does not come with the flywheel.

Any help is appreciated

It's now - B132E0021F

• 1 month later...

Mid-clutch change, not a DIY job!!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Does the rear clam not have inner wings which would need removing? The fronts are perhaps excessive though!

Evora NA