free hit
counters
Lotus vs Lotus legal actions starts Mon. 24.Jan - Page 10 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus vs Lotus legal actions starts Mon. 24.Jan

If you want one from left field,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, TF's legal advice is that he is quite entitled to use "Lotus Racing" for the next 4 years, at no extra cost.

Of course that's pure speculation, just like the rest of this thread.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he's not Roger, the licence was terminated by Group Lotus. Are you suggesting that no-one offers an opinion on the matter until the judge strikes his gavel?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That only applies if it was "Legally" terminated, I have no idea as to the contractual obligations of either party, (could be more than 2) so it is as I suggest pure speculation. Of course we all have opinions and should be free to express them, so long as we don't confuse opinion with fact. A judge won't.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Update on the Daily Telegraph site following on from their earlier report

CLICKY

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

£20m/year for 5 years, or was it £20m over 5 years?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

When I visited Hingham in Feb last year, 3 months after Lotus Racing had been set up they were getting through £3m/day and had spent over £70m by then!

Anyway - Clicky

From @tonyfernandes

“Amazing how greed corrupts and turns people into monsters. So damn determined to remain Team Lotus. Never been so determined. The good will always win. I am so looking forward to going racing, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

“Never said it, but after all we have been subjected to, we deserve to be Team Lotus. I am so proud of each and every team member for the honesty, the hard work and the amazing passion they have put into this team in one year.

“We built a team on trust and belief and passion. That's worth more than all the money anyone can give me. It's what dreams and legends are made of. We did it for the right reasons.”

Evora NA

Paying £20M a year for less than half the team would seem madness if the £40million a year spending cap in F1 is to be believed.

The £40 million spending cap never came into play. The big teams, Ferrari in particular, didn't like the idea of sacking 70% of their staff so it was replaced with a Resource Restriction Agreement to limit spending, wind-tunnel time and CFD usage. Budgets have come down but nowhere near as low as £40 million. Mind you, if they were that low, it doesn't mean a team is worth that much or that little.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Mind you, if they were that low, it doesn't mean a team is worth that much or that little.

I dont think it matters how much the Renault team is worth, unless things have changed the £20m per year is just advertising / sponsorship. They have not purchased any part of the team (although Danny Bahar has been appointed a director of one of the holding companies).

Ferrari in particular, didn't like the idea of sacking 70% of their staff

another case of Ferrari saying jump, and the FIA asking how high

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Nothing from the courts? A week of trial, billions no doubt spend on legal fees and nothing,,,?

Evora NA

If Judge Judy has taught me anything, it will be days of opening arguments followed by weeks of case presenting followed by weeks of the judges making up their minded followed by appeals, press releases, name-calling and Christmas.

judge-judy.jpg

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Nothing from the courts? A week of trial, billions no doubt spend on legal fees and nothing,,,?

I'm fairly sure the court has an open gallery, but with all of the F1 press currently down under I guess no one can be bothered to go.

Still, surely someone must be sitting in and taking notes?

The Times

26 March 2011

In a highly unusual move, the London High Court has elected to transfer the entirety of its Lotus vs Lotus proceedings via chartered BA 777 to the commonwealth of Australia, so as not to unduly disrupt the commencement of the upcoming Formula 1 season opener in Melbourne this Sunday. It was determined that this was the best logistical option, as all the primary witnesses for both parties were known to have congregated in the area, as a best practises business decision. There was also some speculation with regard to Justice Smith's well known fondness for Aussie grid girls possibly influencing the move, which has understandably led to numerous references to the ongoing battle as having now turned into a bona fide Kangaroo Court.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

So the trial has now gone on for two full week, which I suppose is the 10 (working)days that was allocated. Anyone know if a result is imminent? Or even which way it's gonna swing?

I'm only speculating but assuming the hearing has actually finished and no further evidence is yet to be presented, then the Judge will need to look at all the evidence and then make his/her Judgement so it may be straight away or some time yet before its published?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Today was summing up and the case should have been finished by now. Doesn't mean the judge will make his decision straight away though.

From what I hear from a friend of mine whos been there every day, its been "interesting"

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

you tease you :D

Cliff

given that both sides believe the other is trading illegally; and at present they are both trading every other week in a worldwide multi million franchise, I think the judge may be under a little pressure to read the paperwork & make a decision. Both sides will want to get one over the other for the Malay GP