free hit
counters
Lotus vs Lotus legal actions starts Mon. 24.Jan - Page 12 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus vs Lotus legal actions starts Mon. 24.Jan

The product that I refer to is definitely not that of the Lotus brand ................................the "sister "company that owns Lotus ( Proton) has not got the finest reputation and has been renowned in the past for a build quality that is sub sandard(in terms of worldly build standards)

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Richard was referring to the image proton have within the UK.

[Edit] Posted the same time as Richards reply I was correct :rolleyes:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The parent company traditionally isn't an influence, it certainly hasn't done Ferrari any harm...

fiat-500.jpg

39-fiat-x19.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Me thinks Ant Kimbers is correct ,including most other countries it has gone to.......................wrt Bibs Ferrari/Fiat ,different set of circumstances .The F/F amalgamation comes off a different base/history viz Fiat had already developed a history and reputation(as in your pic) and Ferrari it's own .Ironically Fiat has a really good reputation for reliability and set certain benchmarks in worldly production standards .Ferrari speaks for itself in a seperate category. Lotus has a really chequered career (albeit a standup one) whilst Proton have never competed ,in my estimation against the others ,as yet.

I am not trying to diss Proton,dont get me wrong but reality speaks for itself.

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

The Fiat/Ferrari tie up is a different thing...at least they are both Italian and have their own strong identities etc. Sorry to say it but Protons has IMO made cars that look 10 years out of date. If Dany Bahar is soooo into protecting Lotus Identity the first and best thing to do would be to distance your self from Proton (obviously impossible) but that connection must be a bigger problem then Fenades using team Lotus. Ive no problems in saying Im behind the TF team Lotus. To me it looks like pure vanity the way Dany Bahar has freely spent or wasted group Lotus money on a pointless venture as sponsoring someone else's F1 team! Ok rant over but thats just the way I feel. Above all I do hope Dany Bahar is able to pull off his plan for Lotus...

For what its worth my money is on the judge saying TF can run as team Lotus and GL can run as Lotus.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

The sub justice thing is a lot of crock by all accounts, quoted from a lawyer who works for a law firm who weren't involved in the case in the end.

The judge is currently pondering the matter and will offer his judgement soon enough, watch this space!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Team Lotus making "an incredibly exciting announcement about the future of our team" next Weds 27th during the aero test at Duxford. Could be a sponsor, or the outcome of the court case?

http://lotusownersclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Duxford.png

Tony's buying Proton, and everybody lives happily ever after? ^_^

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Hmmmm Sounds like someone been warned of the possible impending doom and is saving face :veryangry:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been researching the court case through some fairly high level legal channels and the judge has 'reserved judgement' on the case which means he can take up to a couple of months to hand it down. I'll be alerted through Lawtel when he does but the 'sub justice' non-reporting stuff was not the case at all.

Evora NA

I've been researching the court case through some fairly high level legal channels and the judge has 'reserved judgement' on the case which means he can take up to a couple of months to hand it down. I'll be alerted through Lawtel when he does but the 'sub justice' non-reporting stuff was not the case at all.

So not reported because it was just very boring technical contract law

More that there was nothing to report! The case was heard, the judge said 'I'll get back to you' and that's where we're at. Nothing sinister!

Evora NA

• 2 weeks later...

Evora NA

Hmmm. Tough one. Yes orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr No. Erm well............................ :D

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Whatever his decision, I can't imagine the losing party not appealing this initial verdict. Then again, I'm not privy to the nuances of the UK legal system, and can only assume such recourse exists in the Isles, non? :book:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Whatever his decision, I can't imagine the losing party not appealing this initial verdict. Then again, I'm not privy to the nuances of the UK legal system, and can only assume such recourse exists in the Isles, non? :book:

Oui, bien sur..... I can't see the lawyers passing up an opportunity to keep their snouts firmly embedded in the money trough if the possibility of an appeal presents itself.

Edited by wookie

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

any details?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Hang on...

right, as far as I know (sketchy details at mo) rights to use Team Lotus name have expired due to lack of use. Group has goodwill associated with the name Lotus and can use it in F1. Fernades in breach of original contract, but oddly can continue to use TL in F1. Group will appeal this as it adds to the confusion.

Evora NA