free hit
counters
Lotus vs Lotus legal actions starts Mon. 24.Jan - Page 6 - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus vs Lotus legal actions starts Mon. 24.Jan

And the Team Lotus 2011 car is the TL11.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no new T127. It's offically the R31.

And the Team Lotus 2011 car is the TL11.

So last year we had 1 Lotus F1 team with a car with an authentic-looking Lotus type number, and this year we have 2 Lotus F1 teams, neither of which have!

In reality, the Type 127 is the Lotus 2Eleven.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

if you don't know by now mate doubt you ever will :D

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

In reality, the Type 127 is the Lotus 2Eleven.

That's a bit revisionist. As simonb pointed out, type numbers were never methodically allocated between the road and F1 cars. Type 79 was both F1 car and Esprit, for example - in fact, type 79 more usually refers to the F1 car. Type 127 may be the Lotus Cars part number element that indicates the 2-Eleven, but that doesn't stop it also being last year's Lotus Racing F1 car. In reality. :-)

I think Even Lotus confused themselves on type numbers

Was the 79 a Team Lotus or a Lotus Cars allocation

Next you will tell me that the 116 is a Vauxhall

I've got a Type 79 road car (sure would trade it for the Type 79 F1 car in a heartbeat though!!!)

I wonder why they duplicated ?(goes back to the separate, distinct entities I guess)

Thats what I love about TLF, we start by discussing the legal action, which goes to F1 teams and nationality, to Sponsorship and the CEO then on to F1 type numbers now Road car type numbers!

Bit like Comedy Daves tedious link!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Interesting article about the naming issue in the the current F1 Racing magazine in which they asked Mario Andretti, Derek Warwick, Anthony Davidson, John Watson, Sir Jackie Stewart and Jaques Villeneuve several questions about the situation. Surprising Mario and Sir Jackie were the most positive about Tony Fernandes' efforts and Anthony Davidson, the youngest interviewee, favoured the green and yellow over the black and gold colour scheme.

None of them came down firmly on either side but there wasn't unanimity on any of the issues apart from the confusion it's causing.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Even the BBC on breakfast telly today refered to the Lotus Renault F1 car launch but forgot to mention the word Renault and just said "Lotus unveiled their F1 car" whilst showing the cover coming off the Lotus/Renault.

Good Lotus PR, but 99% of the public who don't understand the politics (bad enough with us trying to keep up with it) are still going to think 4 Lotus cars on the grid.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yes. I believe theres a facelifted Clio coming out and the Maganes getting a new engine.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Even the BBC on breakfast telly today refered to the Lotus Renault F1 car launch but forgot to mention the word Renault and just said "Lotus unveiled their F1 car" whilst showing the cover coming off the Lotus/Renault.

Good Lotus PR, but 99% of the public who don't understand the politics (bad enough with us trying to keep up with it) are still going to think 4 Lotus cars on the grid.

Have a feeling that the BBC Sport staff, will be having a word with them to explain the situation

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Evora NA

Whoever this dude Richard Williams is (the writer for The Guardian article), he certainly has a knack for summarizing the essence of events to date in a clear and concise manner. Guess that's why he's a journalist, eh?

Anyone know his credentials?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Whoever this dude Richard Williams is (the writer for The Guardian article), he certainly has a knack for summarizing the essence of events to date in a clear and concise manner. Guess that's why he's a journalist, eh?

It does seem quite concise as this seems to sum it all up nicely:

But both teams want to build the future by plundering the past, and since large sums of money are at stake, a judge will decide.

Although, based on this, Mike's statement of "The day we beat them on the track will be a sweet one," may take a while to come to fruition. :innocent:

Trouble with testing is that the times may not mean very much. Certainly, looking at the Valencia test times, the order of merit does not match what one would expect. It has been know for teams to sandbag during pre-season, public tests to not give away their true pace while others have run underweight or with over-sized engines to improve their chances of signing a sponsor. We won't really know how well the different teams are performing until a couple of races into the season.

Mind you, it's always nice to be fastest. smile.gif

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

You know what? That pic at Valencia doesn't make it look like old Lotus colours it looks more like a Wolf!

Jody_Scheckter_78_Wolf_WR5.jpg

It has been know for teams to sandbag during pre-season...

Ahh......, all has become clear. Jarno and Heikki are utilising the ol' "Valencia head fake" tactic. Kubica will never know what hit him come Bahrain.dry.gif

Kimbers, thanks for the info on Richard Williams.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

If I were Massa, I'd be worried about poachers trying to make that rhino-like protrusion on the top of his intake box into exotic medicine!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Looks like they are starting a trend. Ford is suing Ferrari over use of the F-150 name and logo claiming it's too close to the logo they use for their F-150 truck. Ford are complaining that it has caused irreparable harm to its F-150 trademark. I suppose people looking at the Ferrari think that Ford has reduced the bed size to ridiculous levels and put the price up too much.