free hit
counters
Does anyone know when the 1.6 Elises got DPM? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Does anyone know when the 1.6 Elises got DPM?

gtornes78

Been thinking about maybe getting a slightly used facelift type Elise with the 1.6. Based on experience with driving my previous MY04 111S in the winter (yes it can be done, with proper winter tyres) I would however this time very much like to have the DPM system.

Based on that the news about the system came out in september, and the facelift car had already been out a while then, I guess the early cars don't have this, so am wondering if anyone knows from around what build date/VIN it got introduced?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking about maybe getting a slightly used facelift type Elise with the 1.6. Based on experience with driving my previous MY04 111S in the winter (yes it can be done, with proper winter tyres) I would however this time very much like to have the DPM system.

Based on that the news about the system came out in september, and the facelift car had already been out a while then, I guess the early cars don't have this, so am wondering if anyone knows from around what build date/VIN it got introduced?

DPM? I have no idea what you are talking about, traction control? as I'm sure you can't mean camoflage! :wacko:

Such a change would only be in response to consumer demand. Perhaps it wasn't want the Elise was conceived to be about but times change...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yes times do change and driving on our roads has changed a lot in the last 15 years.

I'm all for options;The motorway driving would be a bit more relaxing with cruise control especially with average speed cameras.

Actually I believe it is because stabilty controll has been (or is about to be) made mandatory in EU. Still, it adds no weight, is switchable, and would make a nice addition when driving in winter. Hence why I want it.

Will also make me more at ease to send the missus out in it :whistle:

Edited by gtornes78