free hit
counters
Ferrari's new 4wd hatchback - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ferrari's new 4wd hatchback

A glossy video and some spec stuff at this Ferrari clicky (you can always reformat your computer after viewing this).

I'll admit I've seen prettier looking cars than this, but this will be the competition for the larger cars that Bahar is planning. This one's got a 660bhp V12, four seats, a big boot (trunk) of 450 lts - 800ltrs with the seats down and four wheel drive. And a top speed of 208 mph.

Ferrarihatch.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nicer than the last 4 seater (612 ScaglIetti) and a squillion times nicer than the 1970s/80s 400/412 imo.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Some one at ferrari saw the BWM M coupe and said "I know, lets make an ugly version of that"

I am not sure i want to reformat my computer as much as I do my eyes.

Sorry but I think its hideous

I really dont get all these really big, big engined cars when everyone is on about climate change and oil prices, is it me?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Well the Z3M was a marmite car. I'm one that loved it, so this lookylikey could be fine. Slightly worried about the look in real life. To get useable rear seats these cars can look ungainly with an elongated cabin area. Some make it work, most dont - and Ferrari have as bad a history at it as anyone else. I actually thought the 400/412 was OK if a little bland for a Fezza but they demonstrate my point well with the Mondial - a potentially nice car morphed totally out of proportion

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I kinda like like it and is probably the most exciting Ferrari since the F40 or 288 GTO (ok the F50 was pretty good but lacked progress from the F40). The Enzo did nothing for me and I really don't care about that car and would never bother to own one no matter how rich I got

Look familiar :)

Ferrarihatch.jpg

Ferrari-250-GT-SWB--Breadvan-_7.jpg

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Wiki link on the Breadvan for anyone who is interested.

Clicky

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Showing my age,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there used to be a race at Brands Hatch called the Guards Trophy, now if memory serves me correctly Guards was a cigarette brand. Anyway it was for GT cars, so I got to see the bread van when it was a current race car. The thing I remember about it most was the wire wheels it may have been the first time I ever saw a set of Borrani wheels, what a work of art.

Look, I found a picture

ubws_bizz_ferrari_250gt_breadvan_15.jpg

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Ferrarihatchbus.jpg

Problem is with trying to make a four seater sportscar, if you stuff up the design then the Sills look as long as a double decker bus.

Worst modern (ish) example i've seen of this is the RX8, the sills are so long you risk grounding on the curvature of the earth. The Ferrari Mondial is another car that you can't quite work out why it looks so nasty until you see the sills are actually nine foot long and the stupidly long air intake trick fooled you for a bit. The Evora suffers a bit of this too.

One owner actually chopped and shortened a mondial, but it still looks long to me:

limo-fez.jpg

There is no excuse for this, you can of course say "'oh but it's the compromise you have to make when you design a sporty +2".

But we all know thats utter bollox, the 911 had been doing the +2 for decades without making it look as long as a tanker.

...only to ruin it with a 4 door version, which coincidently is about the same length as the rx8.

:D

It looks a bit Photoshop streeeeetched to me, but any chance to bag a Ferrari should be supported.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It looks a bit Photoshop streeeeetched to me, but any chance to bag a Ferrari should be supported.

Nope, it's cropped and shortened. Here is what the car looked like in standard unmodified length:

limo-fez-six.jpg

Some people would buy a turnip if it had a ferrari badge on it, when you say to people "i've got a ferrari" they will be impressed until they see it and then realise the boast might as well have referred to owning a ferrari coffee mug.

:D