free hit
counters
Foreign rubbish on MY island! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Foreign rubbish on MY island!

I must admit, the 458 is a car I'd love to own - I'm only £160k off a base model!

Reminds me that we've never had a LEF outing here - the M100, Seven and Elise boys have all enjoyed their trips though....so how about a dozen Esprits to add to the couple here already for a few days??

Italians Invade Crown Dependency

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make it so Stu!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Coincidentally, the North West London Massive has been discussing this recently...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

We plan to visit friends in the IOM early this year. I'll keep an eye on this and once you get the date set I'll see if I can coordinate SWIMBO and her mate. A bit like stitching fog I know, but with a bit of luck we might be coordinated......

go for it West London boys - done it 3 times in the M100!

Can I borrow your carb turbo Sparky to make a 4th, I'll even plan all the routes for you all!

(avatar pic is on the TT course at Glen Helen)

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

Tee hee - and that's where the fun starts!

I'm more than happy to co-ordinate and sort hotel/ferry, but (the difficult bit) need to know when and how many. The ferry will probably be either daytime from Liverpool or early afternoon/early hours from Heysham (near Morecambe). Or you can all fly in and hire Lottie at £1000 a lap! How about an 0215 Friday sailing from Heysham (we'll book some cabins), a night in a hotel (Sat) and return ferry on Sunday afternoon kinda thing (saves time off work)?

Big events to avoid here are TT (last week May/first of June) and the Manx Grand Prix (August). I've got a full list of annual events at work which I'll bring home tomorrow so we can avoid clashing with things like the Commonwealth Youth Games (no interest in sport so I don't even know when that is).

You'll love it. That 'national speed limit sign' they mention in the 458 article actually means 'no speed limit' here, although only the brave (or daft) will see 3 digits unless it's a dawn run...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

• Gold FFM

Sounds like fun! Just have to sell it to the missus. Mentioned it yesterday ("How about maybe IOM sometime this year?") and I'm still breathing.

Hoping my Carb Turbo will be sold by then! But if not...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Seems there are a few people interested in this - which is great!

Have a chat amongst yourselves and let me know when you'd like to do it and I'll gladly get some options together.

Stu