free hit
counters
Lotus Launches New Luxury Lifestyle Brand - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Launches New Luxury Lifestyle Brand

alan

• Gold FFM

Clothing all seems to be designed for tall thin young people - rules me out

Well said that man! However 100% genuine TLF clothing available in 4XL :)

(just need some ACBC tatoos)

Hmmm, there's an idea! ;)

Cloth badges by definition usually get attached to something, by doing so hardly renders them fake.

Very good point well made. 100% genuine (Disclamer - may not actually be genuine) Lotus shorts, available in a number of up to date and sophisticated modern colors designs. ;)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stick a Lotus badge on a turd, doesn't make it a Lotus turd.

Mmm, interesting... so does putting a Gates cambelt in a Lotus bag suddenly turn the belt into a Gates turd? What about oil filters, idler bearings, wing mirrors, rose joints etc?

Also, will the F1 team be forced to rename itself as the Renault Turd F1 Racing?

It would appear that by the above explanation there is a strong case for christening the next new car (6th in the series of DB's new supercars) the 'Lotus Turd'. In that way the supply chain can be made transparent and any future disputes over heritage and rights ownership will be discouraged by lack of associative attractiveness.

Following on from this, the popular acronym for LOTUS will have to be changed to 'Lots Of Turds Usually Sub-contracted'? :getmecoat:

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Crikey, Chris....that just prompted an embarassing display of unexpected public laughter....everyone thinks I'm barking, now.......!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Why does everything these days get labeled as 'lifestyle' or an 'experience', for god's sack is a bloody jacket or a t-shirt. How deep and meaningful can that be, really?.I'm buggered if I'm spending half a kings ransom for a jacket or t-shirt that has the word Lotus embroidered on it. Lotus DNA in clothing?? what the F is that. Are they implying that my driving skills will improve if a I wear genuine branded Lotus clothing?. Just keep things simple, sell good quality stuff at good prices. If not I'll buy some iron on badges from ebay and make my own 'lifestyle'.

Edited by GavinT

Lifestyle - I think I've got one of those, only saddo types need to purchase one and I've already made my 'choice'.

Experience - had plenty of those.

Customer Proposition - f'off with your stupid weasel words.

Just give me stuff that looks good, or works correctly and is value for money!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

I think I said that earlier in the words I used :innocent:

Wearing another stylish Lotus top right now, was £25 for a fleece. Great value, warm, good looking (though when I'm wearing it its a little lumpy)....bit like Lotus DNA.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yawn - none of those are licensed products from Group Lotus. Stick a Lotus badge on a turd, doesn't make it a Lotus turd.

It's a very fine line. If Lotus liked the look of a turd that someone else made and licenced it then, hey presto! An official lotus turd.

Badged or unbadged it's the same turd, made by someone else, waiting for the licence or not, the quality of said turd remains consistant and unchanged.

From jackets to hats to umbrellas to watches to formula one teams. Items are fully designed and assembled, and then...

The badge is applied.

:thumbsup:

If the factory says the badge can go on, then, like magic, the parker pen (for example) becomes a genuine Lotus pen.

If the factory says the badge can't go on then it's not a real Lotus pen, it's just a parker pen someone has put the badge on.

It's still just a chuffing pen thats only made 'lotus' by the nod of someone you've never heard of.

I think, and have seen, that people will buy absolutely ANYTHING regardless as to if lotus had any design input or not, or if Lotus have approved the branding or not.

Mats and sill protectors anyone?

:D

Oh well we only have to wait until the 29th according to the countdown clock on the website tonight to await the excitement of finding out what colour of overpriced turd is going to have the badge attached. I wish them well however, as we need them to succeed at the end of the day even if we generally can`t afford the kit and caboodle or consider it overpriced. I bought some of the Evora clothing range and it was well designed and fairly priced as good quality. I don`t suppose the next range will be in the same price band somehow. By default and association taking the brand upmarket will rub off on our cars hopefully. As long as they don`t go tits up......

Just tried to play with some more of the car part of website tonight for the first time in absolutely ages. Not very intuitive is it? Try pricing up a car after gaining some general insight to it like a casual customer might, or try geting into the configurator. Links are non existent. Total bollocks. Disappointed in lack of user friendliness and sleekness.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Heard there will be a special edition F1 jacket completely covered with velcro, that comes with a box of assorted badges, logos, patches, and colour overlay options to permit immediate retrofit and updates to reflect progress in The High Court's proceedings.:dizzy:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

While it may not our style, I have read that Ferrari make millions from their merchandising, enough to pay for the F1 team, it said. It would be unbusiness-like of Lotus to fail to try to take of advantage of such a market. Good luck to them.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I'd buy a Lotus branded sporran, but I'm not holding my breath. But I'm all for starting a "wifestyle" line of branded edible panties...in which case I'd be holding my breadth instead of my breath.

Just remember what George Carlin said: "In a technical sense, Atilla the Hun had an active outdoor lifestyle."

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I poped into the Ferrari store on Regent Street just after new year as we were walking about up there, they had some really nice stuff, if you like walking around as an ad. I must admit it was all very, very good quality.

I think it is aimed at wannabees, I have a few friends who have Ferraris and to be honest they would not buy the stuff. But you see the F1 crowds decked out in it.

I can see why Lotus are going this route, they are a business and if it is another revenue stream for them you can't blame them. And it does raise brand awareness. Although I must admit some of the arty stuff to promote it is pants.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

While it may not our style, I have read that Ferrari make millions from their merchandising, enough to pay for the F1 team, it said. It would be unbusiness-like of Lotus to fail to try to take of advantage of such a market. Good luck to them.

Indeed. Merchandising has never been taken seriously at Lotus. When MJK was there I made such a bloody fuss that I was given permission to go in and see Neil Lovelock. After sitting down with Neil we hatched a plan and under Neils watchful eye I trained a part time member of staff up in "E-bay speak and use". We set up Lotus Cars as an account. It started small (£in the hundreds) then thousands and just before the girl who ran it left, I know Neil sold, in a month, tens of thousands of pounds worth of items from e-bay alone. I did it for free because I just wanted to see Lotus use its merchandise to better effect!

Sadly not seen anything since.

However. The issue here is where they price things. Like making cars, you can't design a new car and state this car is much better and therefore is priced at the same price as a Lambo...because of percieved value. Your brand has a value and you can increase it, but slowly and over time. Thats what was started with the Evora. Classic case is the Ford Focus ST and RS. Both were launched at Evo and WRX prices however after poor sales figures you can now walk into a showroom and instantly get at least £5000 off an ST. Why? Because people won't pay Evo and WRX prices for a Ford, no matter how quick.

Clothing is similar. People won't pay for a great quality but excessively priced piece of clothing from Matalan. However they would from Vivienne Westwood. So Matalan need to slowly increase their pricing while increasing quality expedentially. I hope they go down this route.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Now I know I am a tight Yorkshire man with more money than sence ( I just put my last 10p in the electric meter - so I could post this)I've just been on the Lotus Originals web site......£49 F'in quid for a White t-shirt with the word LOTUS on the front!Then you look at the rest of the stuff - £890 for a leather jacket looks nearly good value compared to the rest.There was me complaining that they charged £1500 for a leather rear seat and side panels in an Evora.....If the Pythons were still on TV - Luxury bloody Luxury

Too much too quickly. I like the jacket and may even pay £300 for it but nearly £900? FFS! Is there anyone there that actually knows about business and business value?

I think there is another issue here, branding. Since Ayrton senna won a GP driving a Lotus a hole generation (or 2 ) has grown up having never herd of Lotus.

Which is why when you answer the eternal question "what is it?" with the Lotus, the response is "and who makes that".

With the best will and even success that's not going to change overnight. I have to agree, a 50 quid T shirt makes an 800 quid leather jacket look good value.

I'm sure Nigel will look good in his, admire it while you can, it may be the only one we ever see.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I think what people have failed to realise is that the clothes are not aimed at us, in the same way the new model range is not aimed at us.

A lot of people have mentioned the new cars are out of their range, whilst the clothing is techinically afforadable it is all relative.

I would not pay £80 for a polo shirt as its not worth that in my world - weather it has Lotus, Ralph Lauren or whatever on the front. That said my boss would (and does), but he has two Range Rovers (one an Overfinch), a Porsche 911 and a Bentley.

Edited by Nelly9000

Harley Davidson makes more on selling branded merchandise than they do on the bikes. Extremely lucrative it is but prices need to be affordable. Volume is the key not exclusivity.

Edited by GavinT