Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Why did you buy your Lotus? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Why did you buy your Lotus?

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missd off the option of:

Buying it enabled me to instantly become an expert on all things Lotus and to criticise everything ever about the company including finances, management of all eras, design, future products and "Oooh you don't wanna do it like that". All while somehow defending your car's honour (which is obviously better than the other models which Lotus have ever produced or are ever going to produce).

:devil:

:welcome::getmecoat:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

That would have been my selection too, TBH.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

the thing is Kimbers you did live the dream during your boyhood, it must have been quite something :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

None of the above.

It was the realisation of a boyhood dream.

Me too

Saw a Europa going up our street when i was about 12 and decided that one day i would own a Lotus

When i was 23 i bought the S1... Dream realised ... with occasional nightmares too…………. but all in all its up there with the dream I occasionally have about Natasha Kaplinsky with a bottle of baby oil. :censored:

As for it making me more handsome….come on now, that’s hardly possible is it.

James Bond....not wanting to be James Bond but wanting the James Bond car. Yes honestly!!( even if my Esprit is an S4s and not in a Bond film).

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

6th from last UK spec S4s built....reminds me to say if you haven't got a factory build sheet from the factory for a mere £35 or whatever it was when I got mine, do so. I got a really nice letter with it too!

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Is it number 007? :lol:

please don't get em started :(

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

i bought mine because, i've always liked the excel since i stumbled across them a few years ago, i like cars and wanted to own a sportscar of somekind (more so than a powerful hatch etc) while i'm still young and with fuel etc i might not be in a position to later on so i just thought sod it, the money i paid for it isn't making anything in the bank, and if i'm lucky, it looks like i could sell it at a profit it i needed / wanted to.

At the age of five I said it was the car I would drive when I grow up , my dad restored an Europa when I was a kid and used it as our family car of five for years , yes five of us in it! , he's alway had Lotus cars from then , also an ex told me when I was 24 that " I would never own one and stop dreaming and get over it " I have since had four new ones Lol!

It was one of the biggest days of my life when I got my first one , some people won't understand that but to me it's more than just a car .

Edited by Moomin

• Gold FFM

I've wanted an Esprit since I first saw one in 1976. My mate had a 78 S1, and we used to go out in it often in the early eighties. I promised myself I'd have one "one day".

It took my brother-in-law's fatal heart attack at 47 to wake me up to mortality. He was a childhood friend, same age as me, and fit as a fiddle. I suddenly realised that "one day" would have to be now or maybe never.

Thought I'd keep my Carb Turbo for a year, to scratch the itch. Yeah, right. Just about to sell it after 3 years, and now I have a GT3! I'm incurable.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Not really, but I'm enjoying rubbing it in 3 times a day.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I was in search for another Ferrari...In the midst of it all a close friend of mine from Wellington Somerset asked if I had ever thought of a Lotus Esprit. Honestly at that point I had never given it much thought. As the US version of TonyK so made mentioned, and quite loudly so, in the UK Lotus dealership. I have never seen a Bond film therefor I could not even use that as a reason. So I began to research the car thoroughly. After months of research I came to the realisation I wanted one in my collection. Well that led to several nice things in life....

The first was to this very site...well when it was the LEF...and that opened up a number of friendships that would never have been...

The second was my S4...as much as the hassle of the dealership has been in the past year and a half It is still by far my most favourite exotic that I own. I admire the fact that it can be used in an almost daily fashion without a lot of issues overcoming the joy of ownership...

My father took me to see THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and in the flicks he asked me if I wanted a Lotus. I said yes thinking that he was going to get one for himself and take me out in it. But alas he didn't, for many years later my Dad and I must of seen that films 100's of times. Every time it was the same question and the same answer. This went on for years, and he said when I grow up I can have one. Didn't really get what he ment then, but many years later when he died in his will it said "Get that Bloody LOTUS". So thanks Daddy for giving me the best thing I could of ever wanted. I would of get one later in life but Dad helped me get it just that little bit quicker.

sig.jpg

I remember seeing a black Esprit in the what must have been the late 70's as a young boy, and it was just like "wow"

When I got seperated I had some spare cash and I thought sod it I'll get one.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"