free hit
counters
Online launch for new Lotus TL11 on January 31st @5am - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gtornes78

Online launch for new Lotus TL11 on January 31st @5am

Crazy time of day, but hey anything to be different I guess.

You have to sign up to their new magazing Team Lotus Notes, which name by the way almost had me fallong over laughing.Wonder if IBM is on board instead of Dell this year, or maybe they're looking for another trademark fight :innocent:

Details here: http://www.teamlotus.co.uk/new-site.aspx

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Now that would be funny if IBM got into it. How many dysfunctional Lotus "family members" can we get in on one lawsuit?

"You can't sue them, because I'm suing them first before I sue you!!!" rtfm.gif

It won't be a problem because the word "Team" comes before their brand name, therefore it becomes a different brand name, just like Lotus and Team Lotu

It they just called it Lotus notes there would have been a problem, but Team Lotus Notes won't

edit - spelling

Edited by Antony Peacock

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Crazy time of day, but hey anything to be different I guess.

1pm Malaysia time, to get news coverage there? Or just to get in well ahead of Lotus Renault at noon!

It won't be a problem because the word "Team" comes before their brand name, therefore it becomes a different brand name...

Antony,

Let me just first say that my comment was firmly toungue-in-cheek, and I would be extremely surprised to actually see IBM take an interest.

However, if they did take an interest, your point it dead wrong. Lotus Notes is an extremely well known trademark, and it is a product that is closely tied in as part of a collaboration suite, often also referred to as a team-centric software. IBM also hold a lot of trademark protection of the word Lotus Notes for online publication, which I believe is a category that the Team Lotus Notes newsletter fits squarely into.

I've seen cases launched for trademark infringement (this is not a case of passing-off) for much less, and if so where to happen in this case (again, highly unlikely) the Hingham team wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

If IBM were going to, they would have done it by now now.

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Everybody stop the banter or you'll give some ideas to the higher ups at Proton!:censored:

Everybody stop the banter or you'll give some ideas to the higher ups at Proton!:censored:

Yeah, they'll only try to claim they own that when they don't! Just like they are "Team Lotus"

Antony - Your one more irritating post away from a ban matey. Group Lotus are making no claim of ownership for the name Team Lotus. Change the record as I'm tired of explaining things to you. Final warning.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Can't tell much until testing starts and the stopwatches are out. But I hope it's successful.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

And it is now called the T128 not TL11, to keep in with Lotus tradition

It looks like one fast Team Lotus F1 car! Therefore I like it!

As expected we lost Maxis and Proton as sponsor! Interestingly the car stills sports '1Malaysia' markings ! LR8 is now known as EQ8!

Overall the livery is a very nice effort compared to the Lotus sponsored car!

Can't wait for them to get the kers so that they can compete with the best of them!

Of course 1Malaysia is still going to be on the car, just like Tune Group they own the team.

I'm not quite sure if EQ8 is just a re-branded LR8, I can't seem to find anything information on it.

If you have some can you give me link/

At least the Team Lotus livery is original and not just a cheap copy of another team's livery

I'm surprised that there seems something to be of a Group Lotus Logo at the nose of the 1Malaysia car.

Has Danny found even more money to get involved in a second team? :rolleyes:

Edited by plumdeplakmuis

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

I'm surprised that there seems something to be of a Group Lotus Logo at the nose of the 1Malaysia car.

Has Danny found even more money to get involved in a second team? :rolleyes:

That's a Team Lotus logo, has nothing to do with Group Lotus, it may be similar to the Lotus logo but it is different.

At least they've managed to use their own logo and not a poor copy of another team's logo.

Oh.

I understand Group have asked them to stop using that logo, it was drawn by employees in Hethel, not Hingham.

Anyway...

Evora NA

If there's a PR war Team Lotus are winning it. A very nicely put together clip.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I understand Group have asked them to stop using that logo, it was drawn by employees in Hethel, not Hingham.

Not really relevant, as it was presumably sold, with all other assetts to Collins & Wright.

Odd that the Renault logo on the Lotus is bigger than the Lotus Logo; but on the Renault, the Lotus logo is bigger than the Renault one

No, it's a more recent iteration of the logo. Certainly post 1996...

Evora NA