free hit
counters
2002 Espit V8 stepper motor defost vent - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jamie c

2002 Espit V8 stepper motor defost vent

Hi folks, have removed stepper motor buried in the dash. When I select defrost with selector on dash motor keeps cycling back and forth and does not come to rest in the open postion. When I move the selector switch to other postion eg vents it does not cycle but I think goes to the closed postion and stops. Does any one know where else to look eg. switches or ACU. I have switched stepper motor with another it does the same thing. I don't know if the second motor is perfect as came from recycler.

Regards Jamie.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not a fix, but maybe a direction to look at.

Had same situation on mine some time back. Fortunately the problem went away, but I too could hear the stepper motor cycle about every 2-3 seconds, however mind would do it in the "blend" mode which aimed between defrost and floor. If I recall, it did this for about a week until I our cold snap went away, and so far this year it's not done the same thing. Perhaps a bit of cleaning in the mode switch might be in order (bad contact causing it to cycle?).