free hit
counters
CAT Driver Training Dates 2011 - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

CAT Driver Training Dates 2011

Bibs

Can we please have a show of hands for this years CAT Driver Training courses.

On offer on the 1st May is 'Performance Driver (Track) Training and on Sept 11th is Group Drifting and Over Grip Limit Handling

PDTT day is 6 people on each now so you get more driving time rather than 8 as it was before, cost is £379 per person and previous feedback can be found here here and here... Drifting day is 4 people and £315 per person.

PDTT: Sunday 1st May

GDOGLH: Sunday 11th Sept

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazingly, only 17 people have read this thread in almost a month when over 4,000 members have visited the forum? Is the topic title that scary?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

No, just wrong end of the country so I have stopped looking and dreaming...... ;) To do it would require overnighting and loosing a weekend out of my 50% allocation AND too many brownie points. :huh:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

maybe it's the date for the PDTT 1 may is a bit soon and weather isn't so great that time of year? Maybe see if ti can be moved to say july? Don't know picking at straws here!!

I'm thinking of putting wife on the couse. But with loads of birthdays and getting over from Christmas cash is on a buget.

Edited by Petrol feet driven
sig.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi I'd be keen on the Sept 11th date!

Trying to work out what it covers - is it basically this:

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/index.php/cat-driver-training-courses/one-to-one/drifting-a-over-grip-limit-handling.html

Also - can I double check - is it in our own cars (the above implies its in the CAT Caterham... which would be fun as well and less wear and tear but maybe less beneficial than learning in ones own car? not sure).

And is it ok if I am a complete novice?

Sorry read through some of the links/CAT website but am a little unclear - apologies if I am asking questions that are covered elsewhere!

Hi 'Juninho1976'

You are correct that the Group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course covers the areas that are detailed in the link you gave to the 1-2-1 Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling Course. There are 4 of you sharing the course and you get 1 hours tuition in car - of which the majority is taken in our Caterhams. This because of the wear and tear that the art of drifting and learning to drift/drive over grip limit does to your car. Our drift Caterham has been mechanically prepared specifically for this purpose. There are two exercises that you do in your car. The first is equivalent to taking a fast corner but will not be wearing on your car, the second we wet the Steering Pad/Apron to minimise the wear to your tyres.

And yes, absolutely fine to be a complete novice.

Trust this helps to give you the answers. Hope to see you on the 11th September :thumbsup:

Jo

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Hi Jo - thanks for sorting the advanced driving for me!

and -> I've also been given the go ahead for the drift day -> so yes please count me in for this!

1. Juninho1976 (Rakesh Kotecha)

That's great news! And we're looking forward to seeing you next month too.

Date firmed and just 3 places available now :thumbup:

1. Juninho1976 (Rakesh Kotecha)

Jo

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

• 1 month later...

Jo please can you thank Colin again for yesterdays training course? I cannot come up with the words to describe how brilliant it was (and the gorgeous weather did not hurt either)!

What a fabulous venue and I have taken a lot from the day (sorry that sounds cliche'd but its true).

Unfortunately I no longer can make the 11th of September for the drifting as the oh's father is visiting us but would be keen on dates in the future.

Though I have to confess that Colin thinks I need a little more track work before worrying too much about drifting (and he's probably right there!)... !

Glad you had a great day and learnt lots. No problem ref. the 11th, name off the list - enjoy your day with the F-i-L.

Speak very soon :)

Jo

Chaps & Ladies, I'm pulling this date as I have another forum who are eager to learn the art of drifting & over grip limit handling. I trust this doesn't upset anyone. If you are interested in future events, please post up and we'll look at dates as appropriate.

Thanks

Jo

• 4 weeks later...

Chaps & Ladies, I'm pulling this date as I have another forum who are eager to learn the art of drifting & over grip limit handling. I trust this doesn't upset anyone. If you are interested in future events, please post up and we'll look at dates as appropriate.

Thanks

Jo

I would be interested in doing this next year (probably with Trish also participating.) I'd probably bring my Elise Trophy car which I'm putting back on the public roads later this year. I have put a note in my diary to contact you in December.

Cheers

Peter