free hit
counters
Fuel Pumps - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hopo

Fuel Pumps

Im pretty certain i need a new one... think i will replace this anyhow. i looks pretty easy to do but wht to replace it with? Ive been told so far that an electric SU pump would fit the bill and be reliable. I wanted to ask the Oracle....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hopo,

Why do you need a new pump? Has it stopped working? Before changing pumps, check to see if the points in the pump are burnt. Very simple fix with some emory paper or board. Very inexpensive and quick to do. Best part is the fuel pressure and flow is correct for your Esprit. Good luck. I'm still running an original after 34 years.

Lyn

Edited by 77 esprit

Im pretty certain i need a new one... think i will replace this anyhow. i looks pretty easy to do but wht to replace it with? Ive been told so far that an electric SU pump would fit the bill and be reliable. I wanted to ask the Oracle....

Hello,

A very good idea. I changed mine last week and its an easy job to do with the tanks empty. I suggest you change the pump to a SU AZX1308. This pump is vented and have dual polarity. Very good preasure. One important thing the couplings will not follow the pump but your local hose dealer has em and the screws to the pump are BSF screws. I used rubber shims between the pump and bracket a huge upgrade soundwise compared to the old. I changed my hoses to 20 and 12 bar hoses. Buy from SU direct or SJ sportscars. Dont forget to change the fuel filter at the same time.

Fred

Edited by Esprit_Emperor