free hit
counters
Silicon Hose Kits - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Silicon Hose Kits

Bibs

At Autosport we spoke to a company who make silicon hoses, they even do reduction hoses so can make a nice airbox to turbo reducer for a reasonable price.

Would anyone be interested in hose replacement kit, 3 year guarantee, various colours, pride dependant yadda yadda etc?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be interested in an engine set if they could be had black and not covered in lettering. Noticed a lot of my smaller hoses are starting to go soft and necking in places

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Basically we need to send them each pipe and they'll make a tool for it. We'll send the pipes in sections eg cooling hoses, vacuum hoses, turbo hoses etc and work it from there.

Anyone with new pipes on a shelf in the garage on or an engine rebuild could be handy right now...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Too rigid? I'm not sure that pipe can be too rigid? It will be shaped exactly as required so won't need to be flexible and although it's strong it itself, we could spec it up to being wired too.

That pipe was the reason we approached them, they had reduction pipes on their stand!

Evora NA

The reduction would be smooth along the pipe, as it is now.

Evora NA

I'd have thought it would need to be wired.

I'm sure it would be flexible enough to cope with movement between the airbox & the turbo, but would it be rigid enough, without being wired, to stop it collapsing when the turbo's demanding such an influx of air under hard acceleration?

Hooligan at heart.

Interested.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Add me to the list....black hoses, no lettering, set for 1982 Turbo.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Interested

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Your guess is as good as mine. I've got to collate at the hoses, send them to the manufacturer, get tools made, get hoses made...

If you want to speed the process up, you can help with stage one, I'm very busy at the moment so this isn't top of my list.

Evora NA

I'd have thought it would need to be wired.

I'm sure it would be flexible enough to cope with movement between the airbox & the turbo, but would it be rigid enough, without being wired, to stop it collapsing when the turbo's demanding such an influx of air under hard acceleration?

If your pipe is collapsing under full-throttle, something is wrong. It would mean you are getting a vacuum in the pipe but the other end from the turbo is connected to fresh air with only the air filter and, perhaps, air meter in the way. They shouldn't cause the pipe to collapse. You will get a drop in pressure due to the speed of the air but I wouldn't have thought it was moving that fast.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE