free hit
counters
Roman Bronze Sample - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Roman Bronze Sample

Is there anyone who has a sample, paint chip, or small part of Roman Bronze that I can borrow, rent, or buy so I can have it color matched at my local paint store. Nobody around here has such an uncommon color in their database. C'mon all you purists, I want to paint my car the original color. I Iive in the Midwest (Ohio). Thanks.-Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did find the paint code, but when I give it to the paint store they come up with nothing in their database. So, if I have a sample to take there I can have it matched to the sample. In other words, the paint code doesn't do me any good because the paint store doesn't have it in their computer.

Mike,

Check with Tony K. in Toledo, Ohio. He's owned many S1's and may have the information you need. He's a regular poster here and on Yahoo S1S2S3. Good luck in your search. Where are you in Ohio?

Lyn

Tony is a good friend of mine. I don't think he has any samples, we talked about the color many times in the past. I live on the outskirts of Toledo (Monclova). Speaking of Esprits and colors, there will be a few more newly painted ones this Spring/Summer that I am in the mist of repainting (customers and my own).

I've contacted Mike about my car and when I return to the UK (currently in Greece with work) I'll send him a sample. Am worried though; I've dug out this picture on my laptop of my VIN plate and the paint code is unreadable to me, it doesn't look like A07 though. Maybe mines not Roman Bronze after all? What say you all?

hey mike,,,i was at yr house with tony last summer when you were doing the carbs on yr 308,,,i just repainted a s1 roman bronze gascap,,,shot it in glasurit,,still have the can with the formula on it,,pm me yr email and i,ll shoot it over for ya,,hope that helps,,,

Edited by s1guy

Speaking of Esprits and colors, there will be a few more newly painted ones this Spring/Summer that I am in the mist of repainting (customers and my own).

Save money and paint it orange with the leftover you have from mine! Then decal them S1/2 and S2/2. How many S1s are in your shop now? Four?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

You might have my Turbo soon if I can't suss out the front end shimmy!

If you can get a read from a good color-corrected photo, contact William Taylor. I think he's the holder of the Roman Bronze photo I showed you in Tony's copy of the "Official Story" book, which presumably means he has others of that car that just didn't make it in to the book..

I think your prayers have been answered by Ken!

Ken -- sorry for not calling you back. Was at the office today until after 11pm.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1983 Turbo Esprit, Investor Edition #03

1991 Esprit SE

I have your orange beast, Tony's white trash, my soon to be brownstar, and Kevin's S2...

"White Trash" and "Brown Star"? I demand a trashy name for my car too!

Sometimes I call mine The Blue Sex-Wedge. I could probably think of something trashier if I really put my mind to it.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Orange Crush? :P

Sometimes I call mine The Blue Sex-Wedge. I could probably think of something trashier if I really put my mind to it.

Blue-By-You? :getmecoat:

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

454H (my blue S1) needs a new name . . . . hmmm . . . . I think I will call it . . . Curaçao!

Edited by Tony K

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

How about "Craquelure Curaçao"? It has a certain dignified ring to it, of which your car is most worthy.

post-6978-0-25147800-1297560574_thumb.jp

Edited by Moxie

How about "Craquelure Curaçao"? It has a certain dignified ring to it, of which your car is most worthy.

Even better. Perfect, as a matter of fact! :lol:

. . . . Craquelure Curaçao . . . that sounds like something this guy might drink (when he is not drinking beer):

most-interesting-man-in-the-world.jpg

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Actually, I was just thinking that it could be your new name, not what that guy drinks. Besides, now I have a voicemail with you introducing yourself as such, complete with accent, which I'm never deleting.

Maitre d': "Good evening, Mr. Krncevic. Your usual table awaits you. The usual to start?"

Tony K: "Fool! It's pronounced 'Curaçao'--don't be confused by all the consonants. And yes, bring me an IV bag of your best Black Russian."

• 1 month later...

I thought I had a sample but it doesn't look like its going to happen. I have two Esprits to paint Roman Bronze, an S1 and an S2. So if there is any one willing to help me out with a color sample it would be apprieciated. These cars are just about ready for shiny brown paint!

Edited by mikeh