free hit
counters
Jerez Testing - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Jerez Testing

Bibs

From LRGP

Lotus Renault GP hasrevised its driver line-up for this week’s test session in Jerez de laFrontera, Spain.

Vitaly will drive the R31 on Thursday and Friday, as originally scheduled. ForSaturday and Sunday, the team will give mileage to Bruno Senna and will alsoevaluate Nick Heidfeld, who is a potential replacement for Robert Kubica as arace driver. The exact running order for the weekend will be confirmed onFriday evening.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, there were spaces, I stole them but that was it, a 3 sentence press release!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It would be totally unrealistic to expect Senna to do a decent job of filling Kubica's shoes. He's had less than a season's experience in F1 (he didn't run all the races last year). He hasn't had experience in developing a car having been with HRT. Petrov is in a better position. At least Heidfeld has several seasons' experience and has developed cars. I'm not sure how quick he can be as he didn't look too good against Kobayahi last year but he may have been driving conservatively to get constructors' points rather than going hell for leather.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Heidfeld is one of the most steady drivers on the grid - IIRC he has the record of most consecutive finishes (41? I think) which is pretty good considering a fair few were in the points.

At this stage Lotus Renault need sombody like that to give consistency otherwise they'll never be able to setup or develop the car.

Talk of Kimi coming back but after the fiasco last year where Renault were saying they'd basically signed him when he said they've not even picked up the phone might prove "expensive".

The only thing Senna has in his favour is the likelyhood of getting some decent press and maybe sponsorships because of the name legacy.

Evora NA

BBC just reported that Heidfeld is 0.6 sec faster than Petrov and is now tipping Heidfeld for the drive this season.

Nice to see they went with Money Petrov instead of ability Heidfeld in pre season. Petrov brings more money than virtually any other driver on the pit lane. Sadly his ability is definately in question.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On twitter:

We're into the final couple of hours testing in Jerez. Nick is currently P2 with a 1m20.942 and 66 laps on the board.

OfficialLRGP Lotus Renault GP Quick Nick is currently top of the times after 76 laps. Just 50 mins of running left today.

Evora NA

Ok so I think it's safe to assume that Nick Heidfeld will be Petrov's teammate for the better part of the season!

Interesting to see that Team Lotus is in thick the pack by lapping in 1'21.7 and still having to iron quite a few problems with the car! This should be a great season!

I suspect that, if Petrov weren't in the other car, the team may not exist. Maybe the bearded wonder's times will help the team attract some decent sponsorship as, with what Lotus and Petrov are rumoured to be paying, the team has nowhere near enough money for the year.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 month later...

Bring Back SENNA!!!!!

He is a nice guy.I meet him at Jerez and seems to be well known and popular in the paddock

After having seen Heidfeld´s poor performance in Australia, it would be good for marketing purpose giving Senna the seat as he wont do it worse than Nick and everyone will look at Bruno

imgp44761.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Heidfeld didn't do bad considering this is what he finished the race in - I believe a Toro Rosso did the damage...

197903_203818856302959_173854285966083_723377_3384394_n.jpg

Evora NA