free hit
counters
Has Atlantis been found? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Has Atlantis been found?

arbell9

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/4731313/Google-Ocean-Has-Atlantis-been-found-off-Africa.html

The network of criss-cross lines is 620 miles off the coast of north west Africa near the Canary Islands on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean.

The perfect rectangle – which is around the size of Wales – was noticed on the search giant's underwater exploration tool by an aeronautical engineer who claims it looks like an "aerial map" of a city.

The underwater image can be found at the co-ordinates 31 15'15.53N 24 15'30.53W.

Last night Atlantis experts said that the unexplained grid is located at one of the possible sites of the legendary island, which was described by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup that Google earth is real good over the water. Betcha I can find me the Titanic with it. (just like people thought they found that giant Eva Longoria picture in the desert) :devil:

eva-longoria-maxim.jpg

Sceptics of the world unite!

There are things we don't know about in this universe and on our planet. For example, life on other planets/intelligent life elsewhere in the universe!

There are just as many unexplained things or things theorised in our own little world. Simultanius planes of existance, ghosts, etc etc.

With the startling discovery of Doggerland, which was thought highly unlikely 100, even 50 years ago, can you discount perfect right angled lines under the sea?

For those who don't know about doggerland, it was originally thought that Britain was split from Europe by a slow and gradual movement, when it has now been Proved that the land linking the 2 is now actually the North sea......for more see:

http://www.wunderkabinett.co.uk/damndata/index.php?/archives/1472-Mapping-a-lost-world-Doggerland.html

I love all this stuff!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

:huh:

diggerland.png

It's the 3 things in a row which are strange. I'm sure that nothing in nature occurs in 3's, the international distress signal is '3 of anything' as it's just not something that would occur unless it was man made.

I want to go there with a bucket and space and get digging! There be gold, yar!!!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If I remember the story about this, google came out and send it was a remnant of the picture process (or something like that)

Do the satellites where google get their pics from have the technology on them to do underwater terrain mapping?

How come we can't see whale pods or ship or submarines?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Google Earth can't see into the ocean very far and satellites aren't bothering taking many images very far from land masses The images you see are rendered from gathered sonar readings stitched in. (the ocean actually appears opaque from space). They have also been known to stitch in fake land images as a prank from time to time.

Here's one example (there are many if you care to search for a while)

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2007/03/nine_planes_in_forma.html

Also Google Earth also deliberately blurs some areas (I would suspect of military significance or by request). I don't know why some of Eastman Kodak's property is blurred but if you search to the NW of the intersection of " W Ridge Rd and Lake Ave Rochester NY" and move the image about that area you will see what I mean. (the parking lots are clear, but the buildings are blurry) Film was made in that area, but a lot of buildings have been torn down or imploded in the last few years.

Edited by comem47

Yet I found Migs Galore parked in airfields in North Korea! They didn't blank them out!...and in China too!

I've spent hours on Google earth, love finding little gems like airfields in the desert (obviously hidden military etc....)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

There are things we don't know about in this universe and on our planet. For example, life on other planets/intelligent life elsewhere in the universe!

There are just as many unexplained things or things theorised in our own little world. Simultanius planes of existance, ghosts, etc etc.

Too many disco biscuits Kimbers?

:question:

I thought you were advancing a bit with your talk of flat caps on the lotus lifestyle thread, and when you started the pension thread i tried to dismiss it, but...

That red cord around your neck? There is a little button on the end of it, press the button mate, a nurse will come and sort you out.

:D

If Atlantis is found, one can only wonder what we can expect to see. When me and Vicki went to Pompei i was very suprised to see the wall paintings of people painting their chariots matt black, fitting lambo doors to them and hanging around the amphitheatre cart park.