free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit virgin looking for a car - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit virgin looking for a car

Paul Coleman

I'm looking for a series 1 (ideally) or series 2 (possibly) Esprit to restore. If you have one or know somebody who has one for sale please let me know. I've looked in all the usual places and only UK please. Thanks, Paul Coleman.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Paul,

wellcome to the forum :o

would only be able to suggest LEW realy, oh! ebay.

thing is, thay are now quite a rare car, so they dont come up very oftern.

Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

welcome to the forum

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Welcome on baord Paul - Good luck in your hunting and have fun with your restoration. Check out Troy Hallidays restoration, he's done an *amazing* job of his car :o

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome on baord Paul - Good luck in your hunting and have fun with your restoration. Check out Troy Hallidays restoration, he's done an *amazing* job of his car :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where can I find it? Thanks, Paul.

Where can I find it? Thanks, Paul.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

troy's web pages

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum :D

It seems the early cars are finally getting the recognition they deserve and are falling into the hands of true enthusiasts who are restoring them to high standards.

Keep looking Im sure you will find a suitable project car eventually :)

73979s.jpeg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum :)

It seems the early cars are finally getting the recognition they deserve and are falling into the hands of true enthusiasts who are restoring them to high standards.

Keep looking Im sure you will find a suitable project car eventually :)

73979s.jpeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes the early series 1 definitely 'float my boat' :D However, given that they are now some 30 years old they aren't worth that much money really. I guess most people want the turbo for the extra power but for me it's all about looks and design not power.

Yes the early series 1 definitely 'float my boat'  :D However, given that they are now some 30 years old they aren't worth that much money really. I guess most people want the turbo for the extra power but for me it's all about looks and design not power.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you will find that all the G prices are going up at around 2k per year now. We have hit that level where supply does not meet demand so id be quick about it if I were you as the young kids that saw the first G cars are now at the stange where some can afford one. I think this will be the case for the next 5 years at which point the prices will peak. I expect the stevens cars to start going way down in value too only to go back up again. But G cars will always be a bit special.

Hi Paul and welcome to the Forum.

Got your PM about the S1 I was looking at. Still thinking about it. It's a really nice example with a lot of work done on it. Just needs final assembly really...

Would suggest you have a look at it, but it's about 12 000km away from you on the southern tip of Africa...

I own an 84 Turbo (Garage Section updated folks...) and while the power and aggressive looks are nice, I have developed a healthy appreciation for the purity of the older models.

I agree with Marc's comment above is I was one of the kids that saw the first G cars and can now afford to buy them... So suggest you don't take too long.

Good luck with your search and you've come to the right place for support and questions answered.

Cheers - Mark

Paul,

Welcome to the forum...I'm sorta new here, but the site is really helpful. :)

I purchased an S2 after thinking I wanted an S1 all my life.

It's a great car. Cool and classy. Really traditional. B)

Go old school!!!

Best of luck with your search.

Timothy

Nick has an S3 for

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.