free hit
counters
What would you do? - Page 4 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Artie

What would you do?

I'm not 100% sure Jim, pretty sure it's the Loctite specified by JAE, I had Jeff send them some when we put it all together the first time.

I've gotten alot done today. Took a vacation day to get as much sorted as I could. Got the engine in, water lines attached, inlet manifold on, and a few associated bits attached. Slow progress, but progress. Was hoping to have her running by today, but I forgot to pick up the engine mounts on Friday when I got the engine loaded in the car, was a little too giddy I guess. By the time I realized they were awol, it was too late and the shop was closed. Here are a few pics of todays progress.

post-1055-0-14823400-1313463103.jpg

post-1055-0-69208400-1313463127.jpg

post-1055-0-33250100-1313463146.jpg

post-1055-0-75913900-1313463179.jpg

post-1055-0-61485100-1313463189.jpg

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Buy the Goetze and be done with it.Dont put any sealers on the gasket or any of the folklore clear sprays.......the gasket is modern and has its own sealers.Good luck!

oh so...i know the feeling .Here goes mine in

post-5047-0-75039600-1317063151.jpg

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

I have used the Goetze gasket before, the current one was a similar composite gasket, but not Goetze.

Still need to double check nip and coolant system pressure test, and etc...

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Man, sorry to hear that Trav. I have always used the Goetze gasket. Seems to be holding fine so far, almost a thousand miles into the break in again. I've heard that Cometic makes a MLS version for our engine, however, I don't know the reliability or the sealing capacity of it. Now I just can't seem to get my electronic boost controller to control boost properly. .65 one minute, 1.65 the next! Always something!

Artie

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm