free hit
counters
My car found a new owner today - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My car found a new owner today

ifly

Well my car left Denver today for its new home in Atlanta. Although I've been avoiding the car as I knew it was going today, I did not have a choice as I had to drive it out of the museum storage and onto the trailer. Totally bummed as I am sure all of you who have let your P&J go to a new home have been.

Hopefully I'll see her again some day, but am going to be Lotus less for quite a while. Missus was asking me "whats the matter" when I got home, Jeez!

Now to enjoy my totally bummed out weekend and taking it out on Black Ops players, so if you see "ifly" on the PS3 CoD BlackOps over the weekend blasting away, its me!

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Stick around mate, we'll look forward to toasting the new car someday.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Had to read that twice to be sure you said what you did, Bob. Mondo bummer, mate. I can still remember the day you first announced your acquisition, and how happy your were. Have to assume that you had good reasons for parting with it, but you'll always have the memories of the years it was yours.

Don't be a stranger. :)

Cheers,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Thanks guys! I have first dibs on the car if he decides to sell. Unfortunately business took an unexpected turn at the end/start of the year and the missus got really sick that saddled us with a couple of large medical bills. Coupled with the last couple of years not being exactly stellar work wise it was best to focus on the real issues as the car can always be replaced. I will certainly be sticking around if you'll have me and even though we are now a family of a BMW X6 and a Honda Accord. I will be sticking with the local club as well as it seems they like me for some unknown reason.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Bob,

Sorry to hear. At times I wonder if wives, or girlfriends, ever do understand. I guess most of the ones I have dated seem to think of a car as a means to get to work or go shopping in.

There are times in your life when you sell a car ( or boat ) and are just as happy to see it leave as you were the day it arrived.

Be great to see you stick around. The invitation if you hit the Washington DC area is always open. ( dependent if I am around ) though we always seemed to have missed each other in the UK by a few days instead.

Sure sticking in the local will also give you the ability to have a drive without the later issues and the repair cost...

I realised as I saw Gavin take Lottie away to the ferry on the back of a trailer in 2002 that I'd made a huge mistake, but managed to say to him that after he'd done all the restoration work he was planning, if he ever decided to sell her to call me first.

Luckily he remembered and when the call came in 2006 I was able to find the extra money (he'd spent a fortune and hundreds of hours) and bought her back.

Since buying a Benz daily driver (heated seats, yummy) I've not used her as much as I should over the winter - partly because her heater has got a bit insipid despite having a new header tank made - and at one point I was thinking over Xmas that maybe an Elise would be more fun and suitable for the roads over here. But I took her out last weekend for a bit of a blart and fell in love all over again.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Please do stay around :)!!

So sorry to hear of your circumstances, hope your family is safe any well now, and can being again like you say a car can always be replaced.

Best wishes that business pics up again soon and you can purchase and car for another lucky lotus :)

Similar story. Hated watching mine drive off with the new owner especially as a lot of £'s had been put into that car. Like you, will definately have another.

This is however, the beauty of this Forum and the friends/contacts you've made. Never a lack of Esprit owners only too willing to let you ride/drive their cars to get your Esprit fix! Works for me until the day comes to fill the garage again.

:)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky. When the transporter came to take my Esprit to its new owner, I was at work so i didn't have to watch it disappear with "my" car on the back. Another good thing was that I was in contact with the new owner a few times after he took delivery and he was really happy with it so that made me feel better.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I had to drive mine for 3 hours to the new owner. Not very pleasant :-(

I got a caterham instead. Love the caterham to bits, but I still miss the badge and the history that it carries. Hopefully, I'll be back to Lotus in a 61FF soon.

Now that's going above and beyond!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.