free hit
counters
NMEG Ludlow loop - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

NMEG Ludlow loop

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Alex --GT3--

2) Nigeninja

3) Officer Dibble

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

1) Alex --GT3--

2) Nigeninja

3) Officer Dibble

4) Dodgy with working heater!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

When in March are we talking about, if late might be ok.. The dudes doing the ECU on me mota have delayed it two weeks so wont get it back till 3rd week now, I am starting to feel like a kid with new shoes but not allowed to bloody wear them.....!!

H i Dave.

It's the 13th mate.

If unsure, check the calendar. It's the 4th tab from the left at the top of each page.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

1) Alex --GT3--

2) Nigeninja

3) Officer Dibble

5) Oneshot

6) GasmanGT3

Ok chaps,

The Loop is the A488/A4113/A49

We'll meet at the car park outside the NAAFI at RAF Cosford at 10.00 with a view to leaving there at 10.30am at the latest.

We'll use the M54 & A5 to get us round Shrewsbury before switching in to fun mode :thumbsup:

The route does involve a trip over the Welsh border so remember to bring passport and wellies :getmecoat:

See you there

1) Alex --GT3-- (CANT MAKE IT - APOLOGIES)

2) Nigeninja

3) Officer Dibble

5) Oneshot

6) GasmanGT3

Ok chaps,The Loop is the A488/A4113/A49We'll meet at the car park outside the NAAFI at RAF Cosford at 10.00 with a view to leaving there at 10.30am at the latest.We'll use the M54 & A5 to get us round Shrewsbury before switching in to fun mode :thumbsup: The route does involve a trip over the Welsh border so remember to bring passport and wellies :getmecoat: See you there

Sorry guys, cant make this , only just remembered it is on.

Alex

A great day out :) sorry no pics as i forgot my camera.

The weather was looking to be a nasty one, but by the meeting time at cosford, the clouds were breaking and the sun won the day. hardly a cloud in sight !!

Oh, the pork pie is history too ... yum :)

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

A GAME OF TWO HALVES

Well that's how it felt.

Contrary to the weatherman's assurances, I woke not to breaking cloud but to heavy rain :thumbdown:

Ah well, if you don't use your car in the rain in the UK then you don't use your car.

A quick check of The Forum and iPhone confirmed that 2 of the squadron were crying off .............. shame on you both :harhar:

The rain continued to batter down all the way to RAF Cosford but no sooner had I landed that the downpour ceased :thumbup:

Dave " CHANGES" dropped by in his Discovery to see us off, and with thoughts of being back for the Calcutta Cup, we made progress.

Now having led the last two blasts down the A448 I offered to stand aside and let someone else have the fun of the open road. No takers so it was mine for the taking........ yum yum

Having spent many years as a biker searching for those knee-scraping play grounds, I can honestly say the A448 ranks up there with the best.

Fantastic bends running some 30 miles from Shrewsbury to Knighton.

As Mrs Oneshot rightly said, next year we'll do it 'tuther way round, Knighton to Shrewsbury

Dry all the way and glorious sunshine.

The Food Centre itself was fairly quiet, perhaps even Ludlow folk are feeling the pinch :shock:

After coffee and cakes ( which saw Nigel silenced for about 5 minutes demolishing a lovely looking slice of apple & cinnamon cake ) we wandered over to the Food Centre to salivate over their offerings and re-stock on the Hobsons.

With Calcutta Cup kick-off beckoning we chose the A49/A5/M54 combo.

I jumped off at junction 2 only to find myself compromised by some Jap Pap who threw down the gauntlet.

To defend my county's honour I hit the gas, only to be greeted by the terrifying sight of the SCAMERA VAN :shock:

If he got me, its ban not fixed penalty :help:

If he missed me, then you're reading the story of one lucky bunny :detective:

Hopefully I'll still be on the road when we venture out again next month for our Right Royal Romp ( Friday 29th April )

Sorry I missed you Chumraids, not like me to cry off at a bit of rain but it was proper battering it down at 9am in Kiddy. No sooner had I got the tools out to do some jobs around the house and continue to find homes for all the stuff from my old house than the sun was cracking the flags. Typical, and lesson learnt. I see no one offered to get me some Hobsons :thumbdown:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.