free hit
counters
My intro - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

My intro

Alex_76

Good day everybody,

My name is Alexander and I'm from The Netherlands.

Yesterday joint this forum because of my interest in and for Lotus.

Hope to own one (or two...) in the future. For now, dreaming and saving...

I have set my eyes on an Esprit S3 or a Europa s2/special or TC.

Love the history of the brand because of the 'cocky' way Chapman did his thing, bringing car building and racing to another level.

His way ON the highway!

That's it for now.

Cheers!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome.gif

Welcome to the forum Alex :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome Alex!

As someone who recently realised the dream of Lotus after many years of dreaming, I've got my fingers firmly crossed for you! I hope that you get the car you want, and sooner than you expect.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Welcome Alex. Europa TC sounds good. I still think they look fantastic!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome Alex!

As someone who recently realised the dream of Lotus after many years of dreaming, I've got my fingers firmly crossed for you! I hope that you get the car you want, and sooner than you expect.

Thanks The Veg!

See you have a S3 turbo. NICE!!! How do you drive it? (daily, once a week?)

How is the quality?

Thanks The Veg!

See you have a S3 turbo. NICE!!! How do you drive it? (daily, once a week?)

How is the quality?

You are so welcome!

My driving varies a bit...I've only had it for three months (after 30 years of wanting and waiting!), so I drive it a good bit but tempered by what it costs to keep the tanks full. Yeah I know, we don't pay much for fuel in USA compared to other modern countries...but I don't make much either! :hrhr: Anyway, I commute in it probably about once a week (usually on Friday) and play around with it a bit more on weekend. This weekend I'm going to be travelling around 500-600 miles in it, a quick jaunt to see my dear old mother who hasn't seen the car yet. In the three months I've had it, I've put on about 2200 miles.

As for quality, I'd say it's fairly good. I bought the car as it was about to turn 25 years old, and the previous owner hadn't molested it much. Now I have no Earthly idea what it's been through in those years, but it seems pretty well made for a low-volume, hand-made sports car. The only time it ever stranded me on the side of the road, less than ten miles into my ownership of it, was due to the failure of a BOSCH part. Now I have had little annoyances with poorly thought-out elements of the manufacture...like jacknuts that just spin in the GRP when I try to unscrew whatever fastener is in them...but the annoyance just sort of adds charm to the whole thing (as I curse that James Bond never had such problems with his Esprit!).

While early Lotus products may well have been as dreadful as their reputation would indicate, I think that the more modern ones have suffered unjustly from that reputation refusing to die. Don't get me wrong; a Lotus ain't a Toyota...but it's no Fiat either! The Esprit isn't for the mechanically unconfident and faint of heart, but with a little gumption it's very well worth having.

Edited by The Veg

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Welcome to the forum, Alexander. Any Lotus is good to drive but do your research so you know what to drive and try to get drives and rides in several so you get to know how a good one feels so you will recognize a bad one should you come across one when you are looking for one to buy.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 6 months later...