free hit
counters
A funny thing happened on the way to Altamonte Springs... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

A funny thing happened on the way to Altamonte Springs...

I met these guys!

DSC_2102.jpg

On our recent Florida trip, Lee (Lindsay's boyfriend) and I managed to slip out for an evening to meet some local Lotus owners. Following a secret rendezvous near Kissimmee, Jim (lotus4s) ferried us to his oh-so-clean workshop (not envious) to meet some of the crowd.

Great to meet you guys, and many thanks to Jim for his transport and hospitality. Lee hasn't stopped going on about those burgers! We'll do it again sometime, I hope.

Jim has the cleanest engine I've ever seen. I tried really hard to get my hands dirty but it just wasn't possible.

Here's a list of suspects - I'd never remember all the details, so Jim kindly provided them:

Ameer Ali- silver S4s "KVJ 786" (see you at Rosie's!)

Dan Adragna- silver V8

Les Jones and son- red S4

Karl Franz Marques and his girlfriend, Honey- yellow S4s "EspritFactFile" (hiya Sparky! Send me a photo of the launch)

Chris O'Kelley- motorcycle "ragingfool" (how's the SE?)

Michael Xynidis and his mother- blue Elise

Lots of photos follow!

DSC_2095.jpg

DSC_2098.jpg

DSC_2100.jpg

DSC_2103.jpg

DSC_2106.jpg

DSC_2112.jpg

DSC_2115.jpg

DSC_2107.jpg

DSC_2117.jpg

DSC_2134.jpg

DSC_2135.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, is that a brand new engine? :huh:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Don't think so mate - I believe Jim's had it out, stripped and deep-cleaned it! I honestly couldn't get any dirt off it. Amazing.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

surely an engine...any engine, even new doesn't look like that!! Surely its unhealthy!!! :thumbsup:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

We all really enjoyed meeting Sparky and Lee, just wish we could have had more time to get to know you guys and do a little partying at Rosie's... :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments on the engine. I've spent the last year taking the engine and car apart and putting it back together while replacing or cleaning every part, nut and bolt in the process. The 910 engine is really a work of art IMHO and a clean engine is a happy engine. :hrhr:

The car only has a few miles on it since the engine went back in so I'm sure it won't look that great for long but keeping it clean from this point will be much easier. The aluminum bits were painted with POR-15 silver and clear coated with their Glisten PC. The finish is rock hard and impervious to cleaners and de-greasers and the slick finish makes it a breeze to keep looking good.

Sparky, thanks for taking time out of your vacation schedule to get together and hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Jim

1995 S4s

Lovely Jim.

That is one nicely prepared engine. A credit to you !

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

The fourth photo in the gallery shows a turbo engine with a stainless tube exhaust...something we are always told is impossible owing to the weight of the turbo!! Would like to know more...... And there must be some kind of force field keeping the dirt off!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The manifold is one of the first two produced from Al B's group buy and I posted a pic a while back. I've not had a chance to really wail on it yet as the engine is still being run in but it is a well built and beautiful piece. We'll see how it holds up.

This pic is from when I test fitted it on the same engine block as above but before the rebuild.

IMG_1337.jpg

Edited by lotus4s

1995 S4s

Shiny!!

Just a side note so say, KFM who you met is one of the guys who gave us our initial leg up back in 2004 and it's fair to say we'd not be the forum we are now without his help on the Esprit Fact File. If I'd know you were meeting him, I'd have sent champagne :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Great guy, with a brilliant sense of humour! Where's the champagne then? I could always drop it over...

In the fridge. Wanna pop over and help me drink it in his honour? :D

Evora NA

It's the least I could do. See you about 0115.

They'll only be a glass left by then, put your foot down! :lol:

Evora NA

My Spidey-sense was tingling! I hardly ever hang around the forums any more, but lurk about from time to time.

I just wanted to pop-in and say thanks for the kind words.

I'll be patiently waiting by the mailbox for my champagne care package…

Cheers,

Karl-Franz

Florida Lotus Owners' Group (FLOG) President

http://www.espritfactfile.com

http://karlfranz.com

Cheers,

KFM :)

Esprit Fact File

Gary, too bad we couldn't hook up while you were passing through. I hope the highways of Georgia didn't bore you too much! :hrhr:

Jim, I wish that nice bit of pipe could fit on my car!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Hi Ben. Actually I have a soft spot for Georgia.

I'm sure we'll meet sometime as I suspect I will be returning to Tybee Island to sample the delights of Huc-A-Poos again. What a night!

Some familiar faces there, I'm sure I've seen them before on Miami Vice. :yes: See and some of those cars got no licence plates, very sus.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)