free hit
counters
Sunday Morning runs - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Sunday Morning runs

stevem

As Justin and I seem to be making the Sunday morning runs a habit, it might be an idea to have a regular run so that anyone who wants to join in can come along. How about the first Sunday in each month, weather permitting, starting on 6th March ? All suggestions of a meeting place and destination welcome.

If anyone has a suggestion for thr first run, please post here and we can lock it next week. :gathering:

Too many Toys are never enough !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds OK, I could do some Saturdays if I know in advance so that could work. Only down-side is that traffic is usually heavier on Saturday mornings, so less chance to misbehave maybe ? Any suggestions for this Sunday ?

Sounds good...

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone 😞

1977 S1 Esprit, in less bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The car's weakest part is the nut holding the steering wheel”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

We have a few guys who are keen from AussieExotics for this Sunday. Hopefully we will get some Ferraris or Lamborghinis to join us.

We just need a meeting place and a destination for the drive now.

Edited by cazna52

OK, How about for this one we meet at Road Warrior for a cuppa from 7am for a 7.30 departure, and do Wisemans Ferry for Breakfast and head towards Galston Gorge for the trip home - full circle. Then for April's run, we can do something in Sydney as Mike suggests ?

Road warrior location is shown on another thread in this section if anybody needs it. Longrange forecast is mainly sunny, so should be OK.

Are we actually crossing Wisemans Ferry? A few of the people at AussieExotics have expressed concern about ground clearance.

The good news is we are getting a bit of interest from them for the drive.

Danny has been on the ferry with his Esprit and it has a low splitter fitted. I think he goes on and off at an angle to give more ground clearance. I've been accross with no issues, but no spltter fitted so not a problem for me. If anyone has any concerns on the day I guess we can turn around and come back the same way.

We could go somewhere else for a run too, I'm not fussed so long as we have some fun. If nobody else is going to offer any suggestions we should just make a plan and see who turns up, otherwise we won't end up going anywhere. :wacko: Lets meet at the Road Warrior and see who comes along, we can discuss the final details there.

Edited by stevem

Danny, Geoff and myself went on the Ferry the last time we all met at the Road Warrior Cafe and if you remember we split up going home. Some headed back on the F3 and Danny, Geoff and I took the Wsieman Ferry route. Easy to get on and off going in sideways similar to what we all do when transversing tricky driveways! I will see if I can find those pictures of us on the ferry.

We had a great run, the turnout was good. We ended up with 3 Esprits, a Porsche Boxster, a 430 Scuderia and a Murcielago. We also happened to meet another group of supercars and stopped to say hi.

Thanks everyone for coming.

dsc0023cg.jpg

dsc0019.jpg

dsc0018ez.jpg

dsc0020ee.jpg

dsc0017uu.jpg

dsc0016gu.jpg

dsc0022bx.jpg

dsc0021ta.jpg

dsc0026i.jpg

dsc0028f.jpg

dsc0030hj.jpg

dsc0032qn.jpg

dsc0033gk.jpg

dsc0036hw.jpg

dsc0039fn.jpg

dsc0044uk.jpg

dsc0045i.jpg

dsc0047xt.jpg

dsc0050ii.jpg

dsc0060wu.jpg

dsc0024fu.jpg

dsc0056r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by cazna52

Next one Sunday April 3rd, if someone wants to propose a meeting place and route feel free to start another thread here. Mike you had a suggestion..... ?

Great pics :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.