free hit
counters
24 hours.... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

24 hours....

I think endurance racing is ace, it's my favourite form of racing as a test of strength, stamina, team work, engineering and ingenuity. What's your favourite 24 hour race?

http://www.thelotusforums.com/

Vote in the poll on our homepage.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Le Mans is fab, in particular the Classic, which is not in the poll. Britcar at Silverstone is good value too. Shame it is so bloody cold thought. You can get free tickets and camp on site for next to nothing.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Will ever see another Sunday afternoon, spent with Jacky Ickx in the then ageing GT40 fending off the advancing Porsches, an impossible task, which he won. Reckoned he red lined it on every gearchange for 2 hours.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

It's over in 6 hours these days, they still call it an enduro, but I'm not sure it qualifies.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Never been to an endurance race, this years 24 hour Le Mans is my first so I am hoping its going to be good, I mean really good. Looking forward to it.

Dave

You'll have an excellent time. Make sure you get to Mulsanne on the Friday at lunch for all the fun too, that's where all the burnouts happen on a road which a day later forms part of the circuit. :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Useful information Bibs, what else goes on that we should see, would be nice to have a list of those who are going, when, where they are staying, we should all meet up. I know Paul is going and a few Evora owners. Who else I wonder.

Might take the web cam and put something on hte forum.

Dave

I think they've got coverage sorted, millions of people attend mate, it's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge event.

Make sure you take/buy a radio and tune into Radio LeMans (91.2 FM I think). They sell small radios that clip onto your ear for less than €10 out there, essential for keeping up with the race. Take a BBQ and I'm not a fan of french meat so I take my own but for other groceries, there's a Carrefour in Le Mans itself for stocking up on bread, cheese, wine and beer. I've been as it's peed down for 4 days or I've been burnt to a crisp, take brollies, wellies and suncream as your campsite will be a quagmire if it rains. Remember the french rules on essentials in the car, reflectives, bulbs etc and remember it's more fun if you sticker up your car too!

This website is invaluable and good fun - http://www.beermountain.com/

One thing I love to see aswell is a car braking hard and the discs glowing red hot, that's a 4am kinda thing so rest well beforehand and stay up late. We sleep from perhaps 5am to 10am on raceday so miss as little of the race as is practical. Don't worry about traffic too when you leave, they're a million times better organised than us.

Most of all, you really will have a great time, remember to enjoy the racing, enjoy the atmosphere and enjoy the beer.

Evora NA

Never been to one, but I've seen bits of LeMans and lots of one Daytona (circa 1981) on the telly. Good stuff in general, although that '81 Daytona seemed a bit dull.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad