free hit
counters
Fun - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fun

Bibs

Very cool Ian! In his last couple of years my dad really got into organ music and would sit in his big comfy chair on Sunday nights to listen to a radio programme of it, that was called (of all things) Pipe Dreams. fascinating stuff, and certainly different to most music.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is always fun...fill a cathedral 900 or so years old full of sound with just a few well chosen stops and some genius composition by Bach or Handel or Widor...good for de stressing, good for the instrument to be used regularly and if I get the right notes in the right order Mr and Mrs Public get a chance to sit and listen.

Recordings please.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I iike to bash the keyboards myself, sadly a classic case of all the gear and no idea but good fun all the same. I've been collecting, repairing , selling and swapping for years. It's a good job Mrs Wife loves me :innocent:

post-5938-0-75675100-1299397536_thumb.jp

Too many Toys are never enough !

Continuing the musical theme:

top_M.jpg

I play one of these. I am Musical Director for a singing group who entertain around the West Midlands. We have raised over £220,000 for charity since 1991.

We perform one concert a month on average (our last one was last night!)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Large!

Jonathan has a collection of airsoft guns which he's traded up for the real thing of late!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yes...I'm now a Bald Eagle Addict too...at least the snow has now melted off the poor thing, must have been pretty miserable sleeping!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Strange people! All the others who have read this thread, all 96 of you, I assume either have no fun or broke your keyboards, or indeed engage in voyeurism on an all too regular basis?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I play with my kids, wife, cars... roughly in that order.

Also into running and general fitness - as an enabler to engage in the above :whistle:

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

and the zoo?

Evora NA

.. hahahahahha

That´s womans work :getmecoat:

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Too many hobbies...

I like to:

snowboard

mountain bike

hike/snowshoe

work on Lotus

Drive Lotus (winding mountain drives, club drives)

design upgrades for Lotus

go to Lotus gatherings and club meetings and other events

video games (pc and Ps3)

fly RC helicopters (trying anyways)

race go karts

concerts

nightclubs with electronic music

dinner or bars with friends

movies with friends

adult kickball league with friends and college girls

hang out with nephews (5 of them) and niece

travel to visit my brother and his family (missed out on Moscow, Guatemala, Vladivostok, and Kazakhstan, this year is Mexico city)

That's enough for now.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

I'm off later tonight on the overnight train to Sydney, after Sunday night at the Opera House I will be able to count myself amongst those privileged enough to have herd this lady live.

Fantastic, I'm really excited.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Is that the same woman as before? Didn't you post that a week ago? Get out more! :lol:

Evora NA

You're missing the point Andrew, this Lady is probably the finest, currently performing, Mezzo Soprano in the world.

And much as I love living down under, it could not be classified as the cultural capitol of the world, so any opportunity to hear / see her is to relished, seized with both hands, and revered.

Cecilia Bartoli

Have a look on her website, and where she will be Sunday night. I'll be there too. Coffs Harbour to Sydney is about the same as London to Paris. So you gotta wanna go.

I should post one of her numbers every say I reckon.

Surfing (5 boards of varying lengths but my back's not as good as it was & the water seems colder than it used to be!).

Archery (not for while, but won some medals, probably most proud of overall Gold at the Jersey Triple, 100 + from all over Europe competed).

Fencing (competed in 3 Commonwealth championships at all three weapons).

Badminton(crap really, but good fun).

Hike/Walking (always nicer when the weathers good. Can't go far in Jersey though!)

Cycling (old peugeot racer, was expensive at the time, wieghs at lot compared to the carbon models these days, but I like it).

Motorcycling (FZR600 x 3 & an R6).

Driving (Esprit of course)

Wargaming (Dark Elves & Eldar, although I shouldn't think anyone knows what they are!)

DIY.

Fiddling with cars/bikes/engines.

RC cars/gliders/helicopters.

Pulling things apart to see how they work, then not being able to put them back together again (got to be my favorite!!).

Hooligan at heart.

• 2 weeks later...

My travel schedule does not seem to allow too much time for fun. Though I do have several hobbies and do on occasion have some fun.

I have my own private shooting range and use it as often as I can. I find that tactical target shooting with either pistol or rifle is a great stress reducer.

I also share a hobby with Rod Stewart (my hobby) and ironically enough we both work on ours on the road. Though he carries much more than me and I do not have the people like him to carry as much as he does. I started building structures in part because my late uncle, Capt. John M. LeCato suggested it as a hobby because as a Merchant Marine captain for much of his life he built all of his structures on the ship. I have always been fascinated with things in miniature.

I also enjoy getting away and relaxing. I will be off at the end of next week for a few weeks. I will be mixing work with a bit of pleasure. Home away from home will be this floating RV as my friends say...I will ultimately do 3,218nm by the end. However I shall be relaxed at the end. And it will be a welcoming break from the airports.

post-4361-0-52143500-1300825456_thumb.jp

Otherwise fun also includes working in my garages on my motorcars, woodworking making cabinets or working on my two hundred year old house. ( which to most of people here is not that old, however in the US it is...lol )