free hit
counters
Wheels of Britain Phoenix Arizona - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rodewaryer

Wheels of Britain Phoenix Arizona

It’s that time of year again, the Phoenix area annual Wheels of Britain show was 13 Mar. We had 5 Esprits this year, one G turbo in the Masters Class and 4 in the normal Esprit class. The beautiful green S4S won the Esprit category this year.

wheelsofbritain2011s1ab.jpg

wheelsofbritain2011espr.jpg

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice! He should get that S4s on proper wheels, Futura's are the best :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

John ( Aerobat ) flew out to Phoenix on Wednesday to brush up on his aerobatics, shame it was on 2 days before he got there .

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

As well as the lovely Loti, good to spot a couple of real Minis in the background. I wonder what other UK classics featured?

Hi Robert

Some fine looking specimens indeed there. Is that your White S1? Looking good. But why the black filler cap?

Good to hear from you.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

As well as the lovely Loti, good to spot a couple of real Minis in the background. I wonder what other UK classics featured?

The parking at this venue was limited to 135 cars. All English. The only major marques never represented as long as I've been going are Aston Martin and Bentley. Military class had a Landy Forward control ambulance and a very nicely presented Ferret. Special awards went to the 1950's Singer, and I think the other was the MG Y. All other awards were based on popular votes. 1950 Austin Atlantic, the 1955 MG TA, the MG Y, the Singer and an Austin 7 (1928 I believe) were some of the stand out verhicles. Oh, and the Jensen Healey GT was a bit unusual as well.

Lotus' present at the event were the five beforementioned 4cyl Esprits, one late model Elise, a Lotus Cortina and an early Elan.

Hi Robert

Some fine looking specimens indeed there. Is that your White S1? Looking good. But why the black filler cap?

Good to hear from you.

Thanks, yes the slowly improving generic coloured S1 is mine. I did a revitalization (temporary) of the bumpers and that's had the biggest impact to it's appearance recently. The colour sand and emblem completion were the biggest overall though. I still have many plans. One however, isn't to change the petrol caps. They were that way when I got the car and look as though they've been black a very long time. Since I find the monochromatic nature of a white S1 a bit of a distraction personally, making the caps white wouldn't help. It may be correct but like my incorrect coloured Lotus bonnet emblem, I feel it helps the car and adds a bit asthetically besides exhibiting my own personalization. This car is never going to be a concours car anyway so some the fiddly details really aren't going to ruin the car.

A couple other pics I have handy....

wheelsofbritain2011mini.jpg

wheelsofbritain2011mgta.jpg

wheelsofbritain2011etyp.jpg

wheelsofbritain2011mini.jpg

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

Looks like an excellent event. Reminds me of the British car meet I went to in North Carolina. Great to get 135 British cars to congregate in the middle of the desert.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE