free hit
counters
Get to see the new Esprit - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Get to see the new Esprit

Hey all,

Came to me in a drunken sleep last night - best time for creation :o

Anyway, why don't we try to organise a group to see the new car? Obviously no cameras, mobile cameras and we couldn't discuss it on an open forum afterwards.

Lotus couldn't get a more superb demograghic of those interested in the car - S1 though S350.

Plus LEW/LEF is so well respected by the factory, they would understand we're not just there to kick the tyres. We could provide some serious constructive feedback which would only improve the finsished product.

Thoughts?

Neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See how it goes then Neal  :)

The guys at Lotus read this forum,

so i'm in no doubt they will be reading

the 'new lotus' section. they know where

we are...

:o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is even representation from mainland Europe :)

I'd be happy to fly over to take a look and make my comments!

Swiss market is very difficult - really would make sense to do the market research.

(Well.... it's worth a try, right?)

Rob S

Did hell freeze over last night? :):o:P

Think it works like this. :P

Like any great party, you have to be on the "A" list to get an invite, and they call you. :(

To get on the Lotus "A" list, you would have had to have spent a fortune at one of their franchised dealerships.

Having never done the above, I for one have to be patient :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I suspect Lotus will pay the most attention to those who have put their names down at a dealer for the new Esprit - after all if the car does not live up to expectations the dealers will be handing back the deposits.

Of course this all assumes that its not too far down the design process for existing Esprit owners to have any influence on the final product.

Alan

The other way to look at it is that great art was NEVER made by committee!!

...but I'd certainly love to see the masterpiece!! :blink:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

• 1 month later...

Apparently from a good source and friend here in the states. Lotus does it's walk through/business seminar for dealers in mid July and the Esprit will be there. although I don't believe they'll allow any picture taking.

Oddly I had a dream last night.

Pulled up to a gas station in the Esprit. There's a new Europa S next to me, pilotted by none other than Kimbers.

As I approach I notice the Europa S a bit fatter than I expected it to be. I tell him even though it's ugly it does look much nicer than in the pictures, but ask him where the new Esprit is.

"What are you talking about Slade. This IS the new Esprit!!!" he says with a devillish laugh.

:D Terrifying.

Then Kimbers turned into natalie portman and the "Esprit" turned into a bed of dove feathers and rose petals, and we uhh... started making the noises mommies and daddies make

:D

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Pulled up to a gas station in the Esprit. There's a new Europa S next to me, pilotted by none other than Kimbers.

As I approach I notice the Europa S a bit fatter than I expected it to be. I tell him even though it's ugly it does look much nicer than in the pictures, but ask him where the new Esprit is.

"What are you talking about Slade. This IS the new Esprit!!!" he says with a devillish laugh.

Then Kimbers turned into natalie portman and the "Esprit" turned into a bed of dove feathers and rose petals, and we uhh... started making the noises mommies and daddies make

:D

Slade

Oh Crap................

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I Just hope I'm the daddy next time!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

:)

Slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D:D:D

God knows what Sigmund Freud would make of that one :D

f782426a.jpg

........most of my dreams involve sh*gging Liz Hurley :P:P:P

Sknib_LizHurley6_GQUKOct2000.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Most of Liz Hurleys dreams involve shagging me........ :D

Turned her down so many times she went of and married someone else......so much for playing hard to get :D

I Just hope I'm the daddy next time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This IS Slade we're talking about... Your probably WERE! :D

LMFAO :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Oh come on! It is not gay to fantasize about Natalie Portman. All agreed? Even if she is wearing a prosthetic penis and turns out to be actually Kimbers who has undergone some strange transmogrification :D

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Wayne - I've long since given up even attempting to make sense of Slade's Spaghetti Brain! :D

joinfsm1ej.jpg

They made me see a trained professional back in high school. (For issues other than women wearing strapons) :D

It didn't work out too well. :D

My ramblings were so morbidly depressing that I could tell they were having a negative effect on the poor guy. He was getting worse by the day and adopting my depressed rhetoric (I guess I just made that much sense) One day I said something like "you know, I really don't want to do shit anymore..." (shows you my state of mind at the time)

All of a sudden he shoots up, with a really serious, important look on his face, shouts "YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!?! YOU'RE RIGHT!!! I don't have to do shit either!!! I need some time off!!!" And storms out of the room :D

He disappeared for 3 months, and didn't tell anyone where he went. Not his wife, kids... no one.

They told me I didn't have to see a shrink after that :D Guess they didn't want to lose any staff more. I was impressed myself, having made a trained professional go nuts. It actually cheered me up.

He came back after 3 months, apparently he'd managed to hang out on a desert island somewhere for most of the time and had converted to the nation of Islam :D

nation-of-islam.jpg

slade

Edited by slade

...and Spaghetti! :lol:

Says the Grand Master of thread digression! :)

su-xi-seated.jpg

I am but a poobah in comparison! :lol:

71--Guy_w_Buffalo_Helmet_300x312.jpg