free hit
counters
Dreaming a dream... - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Dreaming a dream...

Hey All :animier:

Have fancied an Elise for years now and it seems it may be able to become a reality with the way work is going.

Had VX220 a few years ago with the ex and what an amazing little car.

Hired an Elise out for the weekend in Lake District back in 2002 (the ex was only insured on it as I was under 25 at the time but I spent the entire weekend thrashing it around the hills - a-may-zing) :2guns:

So, any tips, hints, suggestions for a 'first time buyer'? It'll be about 6 months at least I would say, so for the time being I am going to accustom myself with this forum and find out as much detail as possible.

Ps. I am hoping that the Lots.Of.Trouble.Usually.Serious abbreviation doesn't actually live up to it's name entirely?...

Many thanks in advance

MissChief :kiss:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome! You should pop along to our Kent meet at Brands Hatch and you can get up close with some of the cars and owners. Next one will have a few of the guys out on track too, perhaps you can get a couple of passenger laps?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi and welcome! You should pop along to our Kent meet at Brands Hatch and you can get up close with some of the cars and owners. Next one will have a few of the guys out on track too, perhaps you can get a couple of passenger laps?

Hey Bibs :welcome:

That sounds like a plan...I am only 10 mins or so from Brands Hatch and 2 mins when at a rugby club in New Ash Green, so always easy to get to.

Thanks for the reply...have posted on another forum and no response at all, looks desolate and unfriendly :tumbleweed:

MissChief

We're lovely and friendly here! I used to live in Idleigh between Meopham and New Ash Green, I'm in West Malling now, where are you? :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Click this for our (relatively new) Kent section. Right bunch of Kents they are too!

PS There are more people on here apart from me, I'm sure they'll say hello soon enough!

Evora NA

Had a little peek in there just now, looks like good, organised fun :bounce: Will have a good look later on

I'm sure everyone's working right now, seeing as lunch is techinally over...I'm not on here really, I am just a figment of your imagination :whistle:

Hey Fitz :welcome:

Well, that's ultimately why I joined TLF...for some techinal advice and assistance... :help:

I believe that a standard Elise is nippy enough, so guess this would be a good start...

I know one thing for sure...it has to be gunmetal grey/Titanium

I will make the most of this place to do my research as I am aware that if you are going to get a car a little out of the ordinary then you really need to know your stuff... :blush:

I never thought it'd happen tbh but it may well be able to now :guitar:

No probs Miss....the standard first elise is great fun and nippy, and I wouldn't worry about the rover engine, about £100+ worth of preventative maintainance and it'll be no more likely to cause issues than many others :) have fun looking around and don't be afriad to ask questions :)

Welcome.

Expertise & madness seem to abound in equal measures here!

Fantastic :harhar:

No probs Miss....the standard first elise is great fun and nippy, and I wouldn't worry about the rover engine, about £100+ worth of preventative maintainance and it'll be no more likely to cause issues than many others :) have fun looking around and don't be afriad to ask questions :)

Ta very muchly :innocent:

The trouble with me is that I am sooooo impatient, I want one now!

Welcome...

At times it does seem that the madness outweighs the expertise...but really that is also a figment of your imagination.

Best of luck in your search. Having met many of the local to you members I can attest they are a great group, knowledgeable, and more than wiling to assist no matter where you live.

All in all I find my Lotus no different in its issues as any of my other motorcars.

Christopher

Have a word with Paul Parkinson at Lipscomb Lotus in Aylesford. They turn around loads of Elise's there, new and 2nd hand - I'm sure he'll be more than happy to talk about the ups and downs and get you driving some (had loads of fun in their Evora last weekend).

I've always had my Esprits and Elise serviced and looked after there, and would thouroughly recomend them.

facebook = [email protected]

Oh - Just some food for thought, there are 54 Elises for sale in our classifieds RIGHT NOW :D

Evora NA

Have a word with Paul Parkinson at Lipscomb Lotus in Aylesford. They turn around loads of Elise's there, new and 2nd hand - I'm sure he'll be more than happy to talk about the ups and downs and get you driving some (had loads of fun in their Evora last weekend).

I've always had my Esprits and Elise serviced and looked after there, and would thouroughly recomend them.

Thanks for the advice and a point in the right direction, always good to have recommendations, especially when it comes to a sale and servicing ... I'll make myself so mad if I test drive one, hmm guess I could just go from dealer to dealer for the whole weekend and perhaps in disguise for a second go in each :police::pirate::ph34r::zorro::santa::shuriken::chris::ninja:

Naughty :popo:

Welcome :thumbsup:

Hey :welcome:

Oh - Just some food for thought, there are 54 Elises for sale in our classifieds RIGHT NOW :D

I kNOW, I kNOW, I kNOW, I have had a little goosey :unworthy:

Funds permitting, I'd have one NOW, no actually, I am so impatient I'd have one yesterday !

My Elise was my first Lotus - an early S2, was a year old when I got it. Has been 9 years of bliss!

Buy well and you won't regret it!

That's where you guys come into it :thumbsup:

I'll pass any I find through here for filtering/opinions!

Hi MissChief, love the name by the way.. I am a little like you my 1st post on here was "I want your Esprit." and got mine very fast. Never look back its all fun from there on in. From your first post if you look after your car it will look after you.

sig.jpg

Hi MissChief, love the name by the way.. I am a little like you my 1st post on here was "I want your Esprit." and got mine very fast. Never look back its all fun from there on in. From your first post if you look after your car it will look after you.

Hey and thanks :welcome:

I would indeedy look after it - very well :horse:

:hrhr:

What a coincidence, I too live in Stone :welcome:

My Stone is in Staffordshire though not Kent.

I did live in Canterbury though for 3 years between 1977 - 1980

Whatever Lotus you're looking for, you'll get plenty of friendly expert advice on here.

Good luck

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007