free hit
counters
Sub £40k Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Sub £40k Evora

Bibs

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2643917.htm

I know it's a BMW garage punting a p/ex out cheap by the looks but that's the first I've seen under £40k. Still, not terrible depreciation after 18 months from the launch price in real terms, certainly comparable to it's peers.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with a chunk of bumper missing?

In seriousness, that's pretty shoddy to have that in the advert. I though Sytner were a big group, they'd have a bodyshop and could pop a grand on the price if they repaired the bumper...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It'll buff out... :lol:

evoratouaregcrash.jpg

RX is a B&C registered car and the that one wasn't registered on the launch day, only 2 cars were - Matt Melling and Andy Lang's.

Evora NA

Thats about 30% depreciation in over 18 months - not bad in percentage terms although the 1 owner may not be thinking that in cash terms.

If the boot was on the other foot and I wanted to chop out a BMW in a hurry, I wouldn't bother spending money (on paint and probably a similar amount on protective film) putting the bumper right.

Quite a compelling buy at that price - not sure it would be that cheap on my forecourt :)

B&C demo had a CYS plate...

post-1-0-56906800-1301504955_thumb.jpg

Evora NA

Not bad, they're appreciating already! Knew I should have bought one when the prices were low.

Damn right... if they carry on like this it'll be cheaper to buy a new one soon!

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Important safety tip: never lend your demo to Myth Busters.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

They've added £4.3k to the price, that's a tad embarrassing!

Evora NA

Thats a lot of rubbing and polishing!!

Dependent upon the damage it was proba a £200 smart repair!! not a bad return then!!

I have noticed recently that quite a few Main dealers are advertising cars imeadiately on arrival, prior to pre and minor scuff repair, at knock down prices. I can only presume this is to get their numbers up as fast as possible!!

Guest surferphil

They probably look for a trade sale with no warantee implied or given. I have bought a few cars that have been taken in part exchange not kept in the fore court.

Sytner are a huge group, when that's sat there for 60 days they'll be looking to shift it very quickly if it's not gone by then!

Evora NA

Last time I was at B&C (Feb) they said their demonstraitor wasn't available as it had been crashed by a customer and was being rebuilt. :realmad:

I didn't hear about that, but their white Elise SC demo was crashed the day I was there. Too fast on a greasy roundabout apparently..

Just found a brand-new, 2011 Evora on Craiglsit for sale in Connecticut for the equivalent of £40,020 ($63,459). Mind you, this is a bit misleading as it is nowhere near the on-the-road price as you will have to pay tax and registration fees on top of the sales price.

2011 Lotus Evora BRAND NEW

Asking Price: $ 64359

Specifications

Warranty Yes Condition Used

Body Style 2 Dr Coupe Model Evora

Stock Number L00016 VIN SCCLMDTC3BHA10462

Mileage 9 Transmission 6 Speed Manual

Engine 6 Cyl. 3.500 Make Lotus

Year 2011 Exterior Color Yellow

Trim BRAND NEW

View the free CARFAX Record Check

Options

BRAND NEW! 2011 LOTUS EVORA! ALL NEW 2+0 MODEL! This is a special Lotus and represents a ''smaller build amount'' for additional exclusivity. This yellow 2+0 Lotus Evora is fully equipped for your driving performance - when, of course the crowds are not looking at the outstanding Yellow Metallic Paint. This 2011 Lotus Evora is equipped with all of the standard features, as well as the following options: Metallic Paiint, Sports Ratio Gear Box, Sport Package and Star Shield. It is really set up for the performance driving that Lotus is famous for. This vehicle is absolutely BRAND NEW and has a MSRP of $78,485. Call one of the Lotus Product Experts today at Premier Lotus for your customized quotation for lease or purchase. Premier Lotus has become one of the largest Lotus dealerships in the United States based on value and exemplary client satisfaction. This brand new Lotus Evora has the full and complete Lotus factory warranty. Call us today for additional information.

Premier Subaru

150 North Main ST

Branford, CT 06405

800-411-4551

VIEW THE REST OF OUR INVENTORY

Premier Subaru is one of America's largest and highest rated Subaru dealerships. We are a multi-year consecutive winner of the Subaru of America Circle of Excellence for the #1 service and parts departments in New England. We always have over 300 new and Certified preowned vehicles at our facility, which is located just 10 minutes from New Haven at Exit 54 off of I95. Our Certified Preowned Vehicles comes with at least a 6 month/6,000 mile powertrain warranty - twice as much as our closest competitors. Our vehicles are also largely one owner, local trades and come with the full CARFAX BUYBACK GUARANTEE.Premier Subaru is open 7 days a week for your convenience and has an indoor preowned vehicle showroom for your complete comfort. If you don't see what you are looking for at first glance, please email us/contact us with what you are looking for since our inventory changes on a daily basis. With one of the largest inventories in the area, we are confident that you will find your next car here.TO GET THE SPECIAL CRAIGSLIST PRICE, PLEASE BE SURE TO ASK FOR MIKE MANZI! HIS DIRECT LINE IS 203-643-1251

Found another one, this time with some provenance. It's the Evora that was featured in a Top Gear USA race. Odd thing is that the race was in south Florida and the car is for sale in Portland, Oregon which is almost diametrically-opposite where the race was. It's for sale for $59,980 or £37,309.

DETAILS

* Price: $59,980

* Year: 2010

* Make: Lotus

* Model: Evora

* Mileage: 5370

* Paint: Solar Yellow

* Interior: Black Leather

* Transmission: 6 Speed Manual

* VIN Number: SCCLMDTU8AHA11047

* Stock Number: LV004

DESCRIPTION

This is located at Lotus of Portland, 9008 SW Canyon Rd, Portland OR. (503) 258-5500

Own the car that raced a powerboat and seaplane to Key West! This beautiful 2010 Lotus Evora is fully equipped with the Premium Pack, Sport Pack, Tech Pack, sports ratio gearbox, power folding mirrors, Imprint audio, dark gray cast wheels, and Starshield paint protection film. This was the actual car used in the Top Gear USA episode "Fast in Florida". And yes, it won.

* ENGINE: 3.5L V6, 276 hp

* MPG: 18/27

* DRIVETRAIN: MR

* TITLE: Clean

* WARRANTY: Factory

Lotus of Portland is Oregon's only official Lotus dealership and service center. We have one goal: Simply to be the best Lotus dealership in America. Focusing on the guiding principles of Lotus, we keep everything as uncomplicated as possible for the greatest in speed and performance. You will deal with only one person from start to finish and you will receive the best car buying experience of your life. Anything less is unacceptable.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Back to the first mentioned, now £43,850, I see it does not have the CR box. I wonder how that affects matters - not so much as to price, but actual saleability. Ok, they are related, but given that there are plenty with CR's on offer, would anyone who knows the difference actually want an Evora without?

Given the other issues potentially affecting the Launch Edition - and I don't know whether under warranty they are routinely being brought up to the standard of say, the 3rd build version, which eliminated such as the leaking boot - I would not be at all surprised to see one without the CR box being sold for actual cash of under £40K, whatever the windscreen price.

M

I'm not sure that the close ratio box is that big a deal.

For sure it makes for a more sporty drive but a lot of Evora buyers are purchasing with every day or grand touring intentions in mind, making the long box a reasonable option. The last three non-supercharged cars I've sold have all had the standard box which makes for a less frenetic drive to some people.

I still think the car under discussion warrants a price, at today's values of over £40k.

By the way, Glass's Guide will start to list Evora values within the next couple of months which may eliminate some of the current guesswork.!

Guy, that's interesting and I bow to your factual experience. Yes, very relaxed cruising with the standard box, if that's what people want.

I suppose I'm surprised that more than the odd person is buying them for every day/GT use - it's that market that must worry about such as the tricky mirror adjustment! I guess in general they are not the same people who have risen from an Elise background. And they perhaps get semi-reasonable mileage from the rear tyres!

I do note that all the original cars for the launch and the road test reviews were CR. (Assured by a Lotus person who knows, even though some of the lesser mags did not appear to know.) And understand that most of the purchased cars being specified new are CR, as are those issued to Lotus management.(Lesser source for that - you may know better.)

Incidentally, I was pleasantly surprised at the mpg from my CR box on the first long M6 trip after full running in (6,500m) recently. Routinely I expect 22-25 mpg, but driving so that the fast lane was usually the appropriate one, and being passed by only a very few, 29-30 mpg was easy. Slackening just slightly so that say 5% traffic passed, gave 31 mpg.

These were the indicated figures and I don't know how accurate, neither did I check wind speeds etc! I alway use Shell Supreme(or whatever they call it.)

M

Edited by mdavies

• 2 weeks later...